• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New developments in SeramaLand

Callista15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Callista(Cally)
1. Penny is ticked off that it's cold today.
image.jpg
2. It's hatching season! Twelve days until I have two crazy, spoiled peeps running around.
image.jpg
3. May is a crazy, hormonal demon-chicken, who thinks for only goodness knows what reason that she can hatch a golf ball(Why my clean newspaper? Why?! What makes you think this is a good nest site?!).
image.jpg
4. Duchess the Architect is molting, and is the Cranky Wonder because of it("Fear me! For I am the small fluffy chicken of your worst nightmares! I shall peck your ankles!" Okay. You've had your creepy factor for the day. )
image.jpg
5. Duke is NOT happy with the new order of Flightsuits(look Duke, one for you!).
image.jpg
6. Clover is not pleased with the number of chickens in this house, and it's making her twitchy("Oh, no! There's another one behind me!"). image.jpg
More updates on what's new in SeramaLand to come.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Very cute! Do you have diapers on your guys? Our three are just about ready to be banished to the basement!

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Yup. Four different Flightsuits. I bought the fourth for the larger hen, Penny, that we rescued, but it's too small, so we use it on the Serama roo, Duke. Oddly enough though, Penny watched the dogs for a day or so, then learned to use the potty pads. I still hold out hope that I'll be able to litterbox train this years serama babies.

Onyxena

Real Name
Morgan
I should try those for my serama rooster! He is very tame and tolerant of handling, think he would wear it?? Your girls are so cute, I love their coloring! Ive been thinking about ordering some serama eggs n incubator but might just stick with my little dude for now.

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
It's baby season! One has pipped, and the other hasn't, but is peeping like crazy. I'm on tenterhooks, and my sanity is quickly fraying. Wish they'd hatch faster.
The proud parents:
image.jpg
May Houdini Hen, mother to the egg that pipped, that seems to be just as feisty as her(judging by how loud it is).
image.jpg
And, Duchess the Architect, mother to the second, un-pipped but still loud egg.
image.jpg
Plus, Duke the Literate Chicken, father to both.
I'll post pictures of the babies as soon as they're hatched and dry.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh how cute! Congrats on the new little peep. :)

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Thanks. The second one hatched on Monday, around 3:30 PM. I think she's going to be blue. They're running around like mad things, and come when called. I already had to give them a bigger box. The older, silver baby is starting to get in her pinnies, and can fly a few inches at a time. Oh, and I got some good pics while cleaning the brooder. The younger blue baby is called The teal Grinch(right now they have nicknames and are also called after their harness color), and the older silver baby is called Fuchsia Fuzzbutt.
image.jpg
To put their size in perspective, that is a bowl three inches in diameter.
image.jpg image.jpg
The Grinch, in all her fluffiness.
image.jpg
Fuchsia Fuzzbutt, expressing her annoyance that there is a camera pointed at her.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
`I am just loving reading all the updates and the pictures are great!

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
And Fuchsia Fuzzbutt is a girl, and is taking after Dad in coloring. She's going to be big, and is cockatiel-sized already.
image.jpg

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
The peeps, all grown up.
image.jpg image.jpg
Little Skywing, who really hates the camera. She's May's kid, so it's surprising she's so laid back.
image.jpg image.jpg
Quicksilver, my favorite, who was sick, underweight, and developing poorly while fighting a virus. Now she's doing great, going from skinny to almost fat, and from tiny to good sized in a matter of days. She may never be as big as a normal serama, but she's probably going to make it to at least 7 oz.
image.jpg image.jpg
WallFlower, one of the younger pullets, a shy little girl, low in the pecking order and only slightly bigger than Quicksilver. She has very odd coloring, buff-gold with black ticking for a base, and heavy pied markings splashed heavily.
image.jpg image.jpg
This is Summer Queen, the oldest of the girls, formerly known as Fuchsia Fuzzbutt. She takes after Duke in both personality and looks, being very sweet and laid back, plus having rich black and gold feathers.
image.jpg image.jpg
This is CrossWise(sorry about the bad picture quality, she wanted out), one of the babies of the youngest clutch. She's about four weeks, as opposed to the six to eight weeks of the others. Skywing was hatched two hours later. She loves to buck the trend, and that desire started early. Before hatching, in fact. She pipped the wrong end of the egg(panicking me; I thought she was going to suffocate), and, unable to hatch the normal way, hatched length wise along the egg(hence her name).Unsatisfied with cheating death, she then proceeded to feather out into a color that I was told to be genetically impossible. Pretty impressive.
Whoops. Guess I'm going to have to finish up in another post.

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Meet Pac-Man, formerly the Grinch. Yup, you've met him before. Little blue boy all grown up. He's just as sweet, and rather silly. He went on his first outing today.
image.jpg image.jpg
The Winter Queen. She's the Summer Queen's full sister, and half sister to Pac-Man.
image.jpg image.jpg
The Winter Queen's bratty little brother Starbuck. He also goes by the nickname 'the Evil Bopperkins', just because of his delightful habit of latching on to one of his bigger sibling's wings and holding on while they try to dislodge him. He wants to rule the universe when he gets older.