• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Caique cage

jennluna

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
I’m setting up the cage for my Caique baby that will be coming home in a few weeks (this is a double flight cage) and Faust thinks he’s going to move right in. Luna is being her smart African Grey self and wants no part of any of this. :lol: F7916F53-0733-4050-8295-99D7320B269F.jpeg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Nice cage! Yep Faust is very interested :laugh:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I like how wide it is! Your caique will love so much horizontal space.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you post more pictures of the cage please? I'm actually thinking of getting the same for my bird but can't find many pictures that do it justice.

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Can you post more pictures of the cage please? I'm actually thinking of getting the same for my bird but can't find many pictures that do it justice.
I’ll post some more after I set it up all the way but if you look up mcage double flight cage on amazon you can see a bunch of customer pics of it. It’s the same cage.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ll post some more after I set it up all the way but if you look up mcage double flight cage on amazon you can see a bunch of customer pics of it. It’s the same cage.
Ok, and I have looked on Amazon but I have a larger bird and I only see parakeets and finches whereas my guy is the size of a large African grey

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Yeah, I understand your concern. Your Vasa is special needs though right? Is he going to snap the welds or anything like that? That would be my concern. Space wise I don’t think you would have an issue. It’s plenty big.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, he only has one leg and the remaining leg only has 3 functional toes. As far as chewing, he isn't a big chewer at all. He's very laid back. He usually knocks his toys around but he's stationary most of the day. And he's supervised 24/7

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a very nice cage for a caique! Which species will you be getting?

Mitchan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Ok, and I have looked on Amazon but I have a larger bird and I only see parakeets and finches whereas my guy is the size of a large African grey
I don't think it's the exact same brand but I've had my Amazon in a double flight cage like that with no problem at all! :)

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think it's the exact same brand but I've had my Amazon in a double flight cage like that with no problem at all! :)
Awesome! How much space does it take up? And are the vertical bars an issue?

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
That is a very nice cage for a caique! Which species will you be getting?
WBC. I’ve been wanting one for a long time and have planned to add the WBC and a CAG to complete my flock. The only other addition would possibly be another TAG at some point in the future and that’s a maybe. I told hubby I would try to stick to no more than 5 fids. We’ll see. ;)Faust wasn’t a planned addition but he came from the same breeder I got Luna from and I didn’t feel like I could say no when I met him.

Mitchan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Awesome! How much space does it take up? And are the vertical bars an issue?
I mean, it's a relatively big and spacious cage, but in this specific picture I actually lived in a semi-small trailer with my amazon, and I removed the cushioning from the back end of the sofa bed and managed to squeeze the cage in the corner :wacky: so I can't say it takes up too much space!
In my experience they learn quite quickly where they can climb on the vertical bars (all of mine kind of follow the one horizontal bar in the right height), but, if your bird is disabled I imagine it might possibly be a bit harder? Does he usually climb the bars to get to places?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Faust is adorable checking out the "real estate ".

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I mean, it's a relatively big and spacious cage, but in this specific picture I actually lived in a semi-small trailer with my amazon, and I removed the cushioning from the back end of the sofa bed and managed to squeeze the cage in the corner :wacky: so I can't say it takes up too much space!
In my experience they learn quite quickly where they can climb on the vertical bars (all of mine kind of follow the one horizontal bar in the right height), but, if your bird is disabled I imagine it might possibly be a bit harder? Does he usually climb the bars to get to places?
Yes he does, but with his current cage, I've zip tied cooling racks on the areas that have vertical bars, and one right under his favorite perch since he has fallen a few times and I don't think he ever learned to fly because he just slams into whatever's in front of him when he gets scared. Poor guy isn't the least bit graceful. All of his tail feathers broke shortly after I got him and now he's molting, which I don't know how long it could take him. Even then, I don't know if restored feathers will suddenly perfect his flying :fairy: