• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cage time!

Tarnation

Meeting neighbors
Zorah's new cage arrived Tuesday, and it's taken me two days to get it ready(ish) for her. I am in the process of making some perches for her, but I need some help with getting the bolts in the branches haha. In the mean time, I've got some other branches that will do.
It's a fair bit bigger than her other one, mostly in height and length. With my restrictions of where I could actually put the cage, it is as big as I can possibly get at the moment haha.
I think she likes it, but she's only been in it for about 10 minutes now.
The two huts at the top were made by me, and my mum because she's great at sewing, and I'm trying to figure out which she likes most, but so far I think she prefers to sit under the snuggle hut... I check them daily for any signs of chewing, but so far she chews her toys rather than the huts. In fact I check all her toys daily for any possible dangers.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Here is a picture! I'll try to post more, it's just not the best light at the moment.
20140710_171821.jpg 20140710_171736.jpg

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It looks great. Zorah is gonna get busy in her new cage :dancing:

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
I had to zoom in to find her. That cage is gunna get a workout. LOL

Tarnation

Meeting neighbors
Haha, yeah she looks so little in the cage now! It puts my mind at ease when I have to go to work; that she has more space to play and keep herself entertained until someone comes home to give her some company (though no one lets her out besides me).

KatiesMenagerie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
Wow it is great! Do you mind sharing the sizes of the 2 cages? Do you have a link to the one you bought? I wish I could get a bigger cage but I have to save up. :o:

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
I have the same cage - 2 of them!! Mine house my YS GCC & a love bird! They love them!! I also like your old one - I'm looking at getting a keet and that one looks like what I have in mind!! Going to look it up now!

Tarnation

Meeting neighbors
Wow it is great! Do you mind sharing the sizes of the 2 cages? Do you have a link to the one you bought? I wish I could get a bigger cage but I have to save up. :o:
THanks very much!
I don't mind sharing the sizes at all. My old one was about: 62cm L x 31cm W x 71cm H (just the cage, not including the stand). The new one is 76cm L x 46cm W x 93cm H (also, not including the stand). I'd love to have a cage that isn't on a stand, and just go to the floor, but that's unrealistic with my dog at the moment. Maybe when I move out haha. Oh, and I got the cage thanks to Cheekybeaks, who shared the link with me. It is: Large Stand Alone Parrot Aviary Budgie Canary Bird Cage ON Wheels | eBay

I have the same cage - 2 of them!! Mine house my YS GCC & a love bird! They love them!! I also like your old one - I'm looking at getting a keet and that one looks like what I have in mind!! Going to look it up now!
They are both great cages! Admittedly it's a bit annoying without feeder doors, as whenever I put my hand in the cage to change anything, my beautiful baby runs up my arm to escape haha.
My old one did me very well over the years :)