• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New betta tank

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
complete with filter, lights, and a heater!

Finally getting lil ole Pip out of his bowl and into a proper tank :)
The filter has been going for close to 24 hours and I'm just waiting on the water to heat up before I transfer him over. So excited. I really love it and I can't wait for him to have adequate space!!

@painesgrey @Sylvi_ Since you guys helped me with the heater :D

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute! I'm sure your beta will like it :) is the current from your HOB filter slow or baffled? Bettas really don't do well with current.

Also, if the tanks isn't cycled (do you have any other fresh water aquariums?) you'll have to do 20-30% water changes ever other day so the ammonia and nitrates don't kill him.

If you've got cycled media, you can put it in your filter to super fast start your cycle.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What kind of water conditioner do you use?

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
Eeee, I love your setup! I love fish, it's too bad I'm a terrible fish momma. I wish you and your betta many years :D

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Very cute! I'm sure your beta will like it :) is the current from your HOB filter slow or baffled? Bettas really don't do well with current.

Also, if the tanks isn't cycled (do you have any other fresh water aquariums?) you'll have to do 20-30% water changes ever other day so the ammonia and nitrates don't kill him.

If you've got cycled media, you can put it in your filter to super fast start your cycle.

It seems kind of fast but only in the top right by it. The rest of the tank seems pretty still.
I used filtered water to fill the tank but still put some conditioner in it. It's the Top Fin betta water conditioner.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Eeee, I love your setup! I love fish, it's too bad I'm a terrible fish momma. I wish you and your betta many years :D
Thank you so much! :D I've had Pip for two years now but didn't realize that they did much better in the filtered/heated tanks until a few months ago and just now was able to get it all and get it set up. Hope he likes it! Thanks again :)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Water heated up and Pip is in his new crib!

Although watching him try to swim in it, it does seem that the filter is a little strong...any way to fix that besides buying a new filter?

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
Although watching him try to swim in it, it does seem that the filter is a little strong...any way to fix that besides buying a new filter?
Maybe putting a plant or something in front of the flow to break it up would work?

Reactions: Lo_

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Maybe putting a plant or something in front of the flow to break it up would work?
I can try that. Will have to get creative on how I get it in front of the flow.

esob79

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Erin
Have you joined a betta fish forum yet? Bettafish.com is a great one!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Pip will love it. Looks so pretty. There was a warning about the heater though. YOu might want to check that out.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Lots of people make a baffle out of a soda bottle to redirect the flow. Step-By-Step Filter Baffle

You could also put a sponge cover over the intake... or put sponge/pantyhose over the outflow. Floating plants will help break up the flow too :)

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Water heated up and Pip is in his new crib!

Go on YouTube and look up filter baffle with water bottle. This is cheap and works great for slowing the current :)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Pip will love it. Looks so pretty. There was a warning about the heater though. YOu might want to check that out.
Thank you! :)
Yes I saw it and ordered a new one, thanks :)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Lots of people make a baffle out of a soda bottle to redirect the flow. Step-By-Step Filter Baffle

You could also put a sponge cover over the intake... or put sponge/pantyhose over the outflow. Floating plants will help break up the flow too :)

Thank you! Will look into it all :)

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Very pretty. I would watch the Betta's fins, a lot of people only use silk plants since the plastic ones can rip their fins if they swim around it too much. My Betta came to me with ripped fins and a plastic plant, so I switched to silk just to be safe.

That, however, is one of the prettier tanks I've seen for a Betta. Love the leaf on the side and the peaceful look to it.