• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Betta Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonGrass

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's just beautiful :heart: great job with the tank cover :highfive:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Meredith & Zohie. He is doing really good & so is Karma. I think his tail looks a little better.:) He is sweet and displays for me. Karma is being a very good fish with her fish friends, and even Crystal Red Shrimp in the planted tank.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Simply gorgeous Bettas Carole! I can't get over Zen..... I want a Zen/Karma baby! :heart:
Ok..!
I have been collecting supplies for the breeding project. I was corrected by the breeders that trying to spawn them in the 20 long would be a big mistake. Zen would have a hard time keeping up with the fry, and it could exhaust him in a bigger tank. So I ordered what is called a bookshelf tank. It comes with a hood, which is also important for the fry. They need humidity and while still in the eggs, no dust.

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Wow....there's alot of prep to making Betta babies! ;) I, for one, look forward to seeing and hearing about the big event when it happens. :laughing12:
In the mean time, I shall prepare the perfect place for my potential Zen baby....and I will eventually let Russ know what I'm up to...LOL!

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I can't wait till you start breeding!!!

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I had no idea there was a thread about this, Carole! LOL Would you answer my calls for once, though! Where did you find the IAL? Or did you have to order it online? I got a halfmoon last night & I want to make sure he doesn't get tail rot! I use R/O water in his "bowl" & I got this crap at Petco that adds "trace elements" to the water...

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are super pretty!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I had no idea there was a thread about this, Carole! LOL Would you answer my calls for once, though! Where did you find the IAL? Or did you have to order it online? I got a halfmoon last night & I want to make sure he doesn't get tail rot! I use R/O water in his "bowl" & I got this crap at Petco that adds "trace elements" to the water...
Call me! We will talk all about it. First, plan to get rid of that bowl!:p
Here is the original thread, which shows the breeder's pics.
http://forums.avianavenue.com/other.../36631-my-christmas-present-me-new-betta.html
I can't wait till you start breeding!!!
:lol: I know what you're talking about, but if I didn't & I came straight to this comment, I'd wonder! LOL
I think that's a bit personal Joanna!!:hehe:
You are all silly..:hehe: That's why I have pets, they are my kids.:lol:

They are super pretty!
Thank you Miriam!:hug8:

Well, my spawning tank arrived yesterday!:dance4: Just a few more items, and I am all set.:dancing:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Brent, these came from Aquastar71.

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I missed the updated pictures and vids :D amazing! I need to be on the baby list too :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Alex, thank you. I wanted to do an update, so thanks for finding this thread. I was going to put it in the original thread, but this is fine.
Two things~
One is...Zen's tail was not healing like I had wanted, with just the almond leaf, so I started a course of melafix three days ago. This will be done today, and three more days. This will kill any secondary bacterial infection that may have set in from the split in the tail. Aiding in the healing.
Two~ My Chi broke.:({the light}
Three nights ago the light came on in the middle of the night and will not shut off. I tried to find my receipt, but it is lost. So I figured Hagen would not help me out, as far as the warranty goes. I called yesterday and amazingly the woman was super about it. I figured I would just purchase the filter/light combo, since I lost my receipt, and the first thing it says on the warranty page is you must have it. She said they would just ask that I ship it to them, and then they will send a replacement. She gave me a reference number to put on the package. I thought that was really great, for a company. Although, it isn't like this is a product that has been out for years. It's pretty obvious it is new. I told her I bought it on Black Friday, which is the truth. My other option was to see if the store owner would replace the part out of one of his units, but he sold out. Since this is a Betta in the tank, he will be fine without the filter until I get the replacement.:)

OldBirdLady1983

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pickle
I am interested in buying one I saw on their site and how do you go about ordering from Thialand? Is the cost for one very expensive and or is it better to go ahead and buy more? Yours are stunning!

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
be careful with melafix carole! I have read some horrible results with that medicine on bettas. The results vary from betta to betta but some have had their whole fins burned off because of the medicine.

also I recommend you put a bit more plants in the tank, those big leafy ones are perfect! Bettas love to hide in them, and they feel safer/less stressed that way.
also, I think those are real plants? if not, remember not to use plastic plants, because their fins are very delicate and rip super easy.

usually if you see a fin rip, keep the water extra clean to ward of infection and fin rot. If the tail isn't healing try some tail rot medicine to help it along.

i remember there are some awesome betta experts in this forum who helped me immensely with kingsley.

sorry if you already know all of this disregard :D

mizbirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tina
They're gorgeous! I love bettas & have never seen a pure white one before!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am interested in buying one I saw on their site and how do you go about ordering from Thialand? Is the cost for one very expensive and or is it better to go ahead and buy more? Yours are stunning!
You bid on the fish, if you win, you pay the seller for the fish & $5.00. The fish will have a date it will be shipped to a transhipper. You then pay the transhipper for handling and sending the fish to you.
Expensive depends on each person I suppose. You can buy a Betta in a Petco for under $10. You will be buying domestic bred fish. There are also people in the states who breed fish they have purchased from Thailand. The closer generation to the original fish, the more you will get the clean lines and conformation of them.
be careful with melafix carole! I have read some horrible results with that medicine on bettas. The results vary from betta to betta but some have had their whole fins burned off because of the medicine.

also I recommend you put a bit more plants in the tank, those big leafy ones are perfect! Bettas love to hide in them, and they feel safer/less stressed that way.
also, I think those are real plants? if not, remember not to use plastic plants, because their fins are very delicate and rip super easy.

usually if you see a fin rip, keep the water extra clean to ward of infection and fin rot. If the tail isn't healing try some tail rot medicine to help it along.

i remember there are some awesome betta experts in this forum who helped me immensely with kingsley.

sorry if you already know all of this disregard :D
Thanks Erika. I have to think someof those cases mat have been overdosing, or following the bottle which tells you to add it every day without changing the water. I am still doing my water changes. I only dosed for 4 days. He is looking much better.
Kingsley is gorgeous!

They're gorgeous! I love bettas & have never seen a pure white one before!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.