• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New best friend

veronica2000

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronica Welke-Olmos
BF762C7D-1A79-4181-BE78-6512AF01F8A3.jpeg I got a new pineapple gcc (Pebbles, 2 months old) 5 days ago, and her and my hybrid pyrrhura (Dino, 5 months old) totally hit it off. They are inseparable and always want to be with each other. Following each other around and climbing on top of each other. I’m really glad that they are friends, I just want a bit of advice keeping everyone happy. They are in the same cage now only because they just wanted to be with each other so badly. Did we move too fast putting them together? What behaviours should I watch out for? Dino has lost one tail feather and it seems like it might be from over grooming. Is it possible that he could be behaving very happy with her but is actually really stressed? If he loses any more feathers I think we might call the vet, but I think one should be ok. And they also hate being away from each other. The second you walk away with one bird the other will try to fly over and join! Our method we are trying is 1 hour separate per day (out of sight of each other) and training during that time so they can get some more independence. Let me know if there’s anything else we should do.
ADF8AAD4-36CA-4E00-BE6E-BB095CA8DEAD.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew