• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Beginnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweethartza

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shaz
Chirpoo has finally started to calm down with the biting. Yesterday and today he let me stroke him behind his neck and under his chin without him trying to bite my fingers off. He even started beak grinding and closing his eyes. Now, that's the sweetie-pie that I know.
I think he changed yesterday when he saw Chirpee laying an egg on me. He then became really caring towards her trying to make sure she was ok and even preening her (something he hasn't done in about 2 weeks - since the biting started). He then came and cuddled with me. So, we are BOTH alright. Came out closer than before.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so glad to hear things have settled down.:) Don't let your guard down though. It may come back at another time.
Still waiting on pics!:innocent:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Aww, they are so beautiful!:heart: Do you keep their cage on the floor? You might consider a table, or stand of some sort. It would make them feel more secure.:)

sweethartza

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shaz
In their room I keep the cage on my niece's small table. Don't worry, she's not here. My brother's family moved to south korea. The second picture is me trying to get them some fresh air and sun because their room doesn't get a lot of sun. They are really cute. love them to bits.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your mousebirds are very beautiful!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.