• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New baby

BabyBird1965

Moving in
Real Name
Kimberly Peay
I'm new here to the Avenue and my baby Linnie is the reason I joined. I wanted to find a place where I could share with other Linnie lovers. I have a canary that I hand fed and an English Budgie but they are fostering with a friend right now. Why? Because 5 months ago I got married to a long haul trucker and since I've hardly seen him I'm going on the road with him.

I got my baby Linnie because I just can't be completely with out birds but the canary and EB would not do well living in a semi truck. Linnies tend to be calm and laid back. Plus, being a baby growing up in the truck s/he should have no problem with it.

I will DNA to determine sex then choose a name. I should know what color the baby is withing a few days but I'm thinking cobalt.

IMG_20160103_200300736.jpg IMG_20160103_200304702.jpg

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Congrats on the beautiful baby but can you keep it warm enough in the truck?

BabyBird1965

Moving in
Real Name
Kimberly Peay
Thank you, and yes. I use a baby wipe warmer as a travel brooder. I can plug it in in the truck and I use disposable hand warmers when I can't plug in. I have a digital thermometer that works really well so can monitor the temp. And it'll be another week before we join my hubby in the truck so baby will have quite a few more feathers by then. Thank you for asking though. All questions, thoughts, ideas... are always welcome; might make me think of something I haven't thought of before.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! :)

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Welcome Kimberly! I'm pretty new too! Also as a Linnie owner new to that too. I just got my two baby boys last Thursday. From what I've seen these are awesome birds, mine were hatched ( I think) at the end of October. The breeder handfed them til last week, I was so happy when she called and said I could bring them home, they're both eating really well, haven't tried much fresh fruit and veg. with them yet. Yesterday I showed them a whole Romaine leaf, both of them got really excited. It's so funny when Linnie's get excited cuz they spread their tail feathers and shake their tails LOL! I really laughed, I've never seen them do that before. I wish you much good wishes for your sweet baby. I have a cobalt ( Zoolie) and a turquoise (Rizzy) they are really playful and sweet, sweet, sweet. Talk later 20170102_124838.jpg