• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Baby is Here and I'm not happy.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The flight attendant should have known and that is the sad and strange thing. Dogs/cats/other pets go under the seat as far as I know but read that they had problems getting the dog's carrier under the seat. Still can't imagine why the attendant would have them put the dog in overhead storage. It's stupidity. My first thought if I was asked to do that is that the dog would not be getting enough O2 and that the dog would also be extremely frightened. I read that the dog barked for about 2 hrs. I wonder if they ever opened the bin and checked on him and took him out or if the flight attendant wouldn't let them do that.

I've had pets fly on the airlines 4 times and knock on wood everything went well but I was stressed and scared at least for 3 of the times. The 1st time I didn't know that my mom was having my brother bring a new puppy home from CA to Chgo.(used to live there when I was very young).

It's all very sad and horrific. We're off topic, though, so probably should get back to baby bird and UPS messing up.
Hope the cage arrives on Monday @DavyG.
@DavyG If you're still having problems I'd suggest message UPS on their FB page.

Lastly on the pup, the family said that they tried to have someone check because of the barking but there was alot turbulence and passengers were not allowed to unbuckle.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
My issue is not with the bird himself, it is with the bums who sold him to me and UPS. His wings are clipped in what looks like a very messy way. The shop clerk basically bounced him from bird enclosure to bird enclosures terrifying the crap out of my bird and the lovebirds. (Can a pair of lovebirds be sold separately?) This is the same people who sold me Tweetz, but that was a much more pleasant experience. So much that I had to double check to see if it was the same store. UPS screwed up my delivery and now I have my new bird locked in a tiny box until Monday. AHHHHHHHHH......

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is my new baby. I expected him to be smaller than Tweetz (a one-year-old Pineapple Conure), but he is a little larger. He is supposed to be around 12-14 weeks old. Advertised as handfed and weaned. I my Pineapple just really small?

Well I'm not going to pull any punches my friend. You "shopped" for some merchandise on the internet and then had your "product shipped" to you like a piece of "furniture". The problem is this wasn't a piece of furniture. Own up to some responsibility for this situation.

Water under the bridge. Take good care of your bird and move on.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
They've also had another problem today w/a 2 year old who was upset to the point that the flight was already out taxiing for take off and returned to the gate. The tower/security stated that the flight was returning because of a "belligerent passenger"; the child was afraid of flying and was sitting on her father's lap. If United is going to call a 2 year old a "belligerent passenger" I'd love to hear what they call the rest of the PO'd passengers.
Really? Yet just a month or so ago a kid climbed over seats and screamed for an 8-hour flight and the attendants did nothing??

I just flew back from California. Everyone on our flights talked about the dog in the carrier. The rule is that the dog goes under the seat, so I don't understand why it was moved to the overhead bin. Very strange. And we had people getting into the overhead bins almost constantly, despite the seatbelt sign being on. Seems like somebody, maybe even a good samaritan, would've checked on that poor pup. :(

Well I'm not going to pull any punches my friend. You "shopped" for some merchandise on the internet and then had your "product shipped" to you like a piece of "furniture". The problem is this wasn't a piece of furniture. Own up to some responsibility for this situation.

Water under the bridge. Take good care of your bird and move on.
He did? Oh. :( @DavyG didn't you say you went to a pet store?

Maybe I am mixing him up with someone else. :(

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
@JLcribber

This person got their bird from a store.
It is the LARGE parrot cage they ordered that did not show up. They are upset that their conure has to live in a small cage for the moment until the large cage arrives.

Shipping sucks sometimes especially at this time of year :c

DavyG

Strolling the yard
Is he weaned? Could be hungry..
I considered that, that he is either freshly weaned. He takes sunflower seeds from me and now that I've changed the food in his temp cage to a seed based blend for cockatiel and small birds he is eating on his own with zero trouble.

DavyG

Strolling the yard
didn't you say you went to a pet store?

Maybe I am mixing him up with someone else. :(
Yes, I would never buy an animal via the internet at that. I paid a hefty price for next day shipping on a cage and the screwed it up.

DavyG

Strolling the yard
I considered that he is either freshly weaned or not fully weaned. He takes sunflower seeds from me and now that I've changed the food in his temp cage to a seed based blend for cockatiel and small birds he is eating on his own with zero trouble.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, I would never buy an animal via the internet at that. I paid a hefty price for next day shipping on a cage and the screwed it up.
Did you contact the vendor? You should get a refund if you paid extra for next day shipping.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I considered that, that he is either freshly weaned. He takes sunflower seeds from me and now that I've changed the food in his temp cage to a seed based blend for cockatiel and small birds he is eating on his own with zero trouble.

Is he getting pellets? You can add those and if you wish soften some of them with warm water. Also provide him with fruits and veggies.