• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New babies

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
They're cute!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Cute! Hopefully I’ll have no extra cash for the reptile show in 2 weeks haha

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
They're cute, ummm, what are they called?

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Oh my gosh! I love crested geckos! They are one of my dream companion animals. :heart:

Those babies are gorgeous! :xflove:

Have you seen SerapDesign's youtube channel? He has some beautiful crested gecko set ups that look like living pieces of art!

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Oh my gosh! I love crested geckos! They are one of my dream companion animals. :heart:

Those babies are gorgeous! :xflove:

Have you seen SerapDesign's youtube channel? He has some beautiful crested gecko set ups that look like living pieces of art!

I have not but I’ll check him out! I love cresteds. They come in some beautiful colors. I was on the hunt for a red male, but they didn’t have too many of those. But then I saw these two and I just could not pass them up. I’ve got another female and then a leachie

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Cute! Hopefully I’ll have no extra cash for the reptile show in 2 weeks haha
Pretty sure that’s what my husband was wishing when I told him we were going :lol:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
This is the first video of his that I ever saw, and it blew I mind! I don't even have crested geckos or any reptiles right now, and I wanted to do this! Haha

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
so I know this thread is sort of old, but I went to Repticon yesterday. Was originally scouting and gathering info for a future leopard gecko but talked to some people there and held a crested. Fell in love with them, if I had no self control and lots of money he would have come home with me lol! So, tell me more about these guys. I know about Pangeareptiles.com and am planning on going to another repticon in June.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I personally have never had a gecko of any kind but I have a frog so let's see what I can help with.

I personally like Josh's Frogs, I get a lot of stuff from them, lol. I think they have cresties, I'm not sure. They also attend a lot of the major reptile conventions, plus they have a system where you can order your stuff and pick it up at a show, which is particularly nifty if you are getting something like a tank or maybe a live animal and you don't want to pay the 40$ overnight shipping.

I'm not sure what care they require but I do know they are cute. lol. Good luck with your soon-to-be new baby!

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I absolutely love cresteds. I have Leo’s as well and a leachie, but my cresteds are the easiest to me. Especially if you don’t like bugs, since they eat a powdered diet (Pangea and repashy is what I feed) I also feed a mixture of different flavors so they never get bored.

I mist mine every other day or every 2 days depending on how wet the eco earth is (they prefer a higher humidity) and I used gauge at first, but once you get used to it, you can kind of eyeball when they need to be misted. I feed every other day or every 2 days, depending on how much they eat (my females usually are every other day while my male tends to be every 2 days)

My husband prefers these to my other reptiles, and I do too...to an extent. I love their eyes and their faces.

My others have come from a reputable breeder through Facebook. I trust her with everything. These two were a package deal that I just couldn’t turn down.

We plan on going back in June because hubby wants more :lol:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
This guy wanted to come home with me! He was just stunning! Yeah, I saw pangea foods and that's what this guy was feeding too. I've got a mental list of all I need Haha! I love this acrylic cage and all the locks on it! So, this is my plan haha

Attachments

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
The tanks that open from the front are a blessing, lol. It's so nice to not have to reach in from the top and hurt my arms. I have one with sliding glass doors for my pacman frog and it's great. It has the footprint of a 29 gallon, plus there's a drain! So I diy'ed a false bottom (since frogs are high-humidity) and I can drain it without dealing with any hydroballs or any drainage substrate. No blockages either! It's like a frog mansion, lol.