• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New babies

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Darklotus555 when you mentioned cupping your hand you answered a question I had. For the past few months Valentine has been getting in my tshirt at nite before she goes to bed. She would get really rambunctious and not sit still. One night I cupped my hand over her, patted her gently saying shhh in a very low voice. No more running just sleeping in the crook of my arm. Glad you mentioned it!

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
@greys4u after I feed Abel, he still acts like he's starving. I know he's had enough, but he squawks and squawks. I figured cupping my hand over him would make him feel secure, kinda like his mommy sitting on him. It worked great. Now, I've been placing a wash cloth over him while in my hand. My hand warms him, and the wash cloth makes it darker and cozy. I "shhhhh" him, and play the soft music, and he quiets right down. Ive been keeping him covered, and he comes out from under from time to time, and goes back under to sleep. Yes, lol, it works great. Wish I'd discovered this a few babies ago.
Makes sense, I cover my birds at night to sleep....i just hope Abel doesn't get like my roommates tiel, Emanon who's obsessed over dish towels.

Last edited by a moderator:

AviMom

Abel-day 12
He's growing up too fast. Still an ugly little guy (probably a girl, lol) but he's a sweetie, and very cuddly.
He was so previous tonight. He's already seeming like he wants to fledge, even though that's a week and a half, 2 weeks away. He'd been out of his "nest" most of the evening, wide awake, so after i fed him, he snuggled up under my chin and was closing his eyes, chirping softly, so i put him to bed, and he went right to sleep.
I'm already teaching him stepup, and he's actually starting to get it. So amazing!! :heart:

Attachments

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
So adorable! :swoon:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Beautiful baby!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I love those static baby noises! He’s growing fast!:heart:

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
Able! Perfect name! Although, Bobbin' wouldn't be bad either. :D

AviMom

@Farlie Abel just started eating the seed his other flock members left. My tiels mainly eat chop, and Zupreen pellets, but tiels need seeds too. That's why I give seed as more of a treat, not just in their good dish.

Last edited by a moderator:

AviMom

So, I know Abel is very young, but I'm thinking he may actually be male. I see pearls, but not really bars....anyone else like to quess? 20181101_211515.jpg 20181101_211647.jpg 20181101_211757.jpg 20181101_212020.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
So cute!