• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Additions - Meet The Mulgas!!!

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
What beautiful birds! Amazing color. About the size of a green cheek? But they look a little bigger. Congratulations. I think the names are very nice too.

Now- help me with some Aussie grammar

Bugger
Bugging
Buggered
Buggerise
Buggerising (of course, if we DID bugger over here in the US of A, it would be Buggerizing)

Does that about cover it? :rofl:

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Gorgeous birds!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
gorgeous coloring!:heart::heart:

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
What beautiful birds! Amazing color. About the size of a green cheek? But they look a little bigger. Congratulations. I think the names are very nice too.

Now- help me with some Aussie grammar

Bugger
Bugging
Buggered
Buggerise
Buggerising (of course, if we DID bugger over here in the US of A, it would be Buggerizing)

Does that about cover it? :rofl:
It sort means "stuff it" and "stuffing around", "totally stuffed"...that sort of thing. The longer I'm here the more you'll all get used to it. It'll just become second nature in the end. :)

They're not as heavily built as GCCs. GCCs are more stocky and have larger heads and beaks than these guys. This genus of grass parrots are generally more slender & longer birds than GCCs. The male Mulga in particular is pretty big for his species and definitely a bigger bird than a GCC. He'd be the best part of a foot long, but at least two-thirds of this is tail. Our Aussie grass parrots are some of our most beautiful and colourful birds. These two are certainly messier than my Hooded Parrots...bugger!!! :D

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue

It sort means "stuff it" and "stuffing around", "totally stuffed"...that sort of thing. The longer I'm here the more you'll all get used to it. It'll just become second nature in the end. :)

. They're not as heavily built as GCCs. GCCs are more stocky and have larger heads and beaks than these guys. This genus of grass parrots are generally more slender & longer birds than GCCs. The male Mulga in particular is pretty big for his species and definitely a bigger bird than a GCC. He'd be the best part of a foot long, but at least two-thirds of this is tail. Our Aussie grass parrots are some of our most beautiful and colourful birds. These two are certainly messier than my Hooded Parrots...bugger!!! :D

You can certainly judge some parrots by their tail. Exceptionally pretty and a surprise to learn something new on a "bank holiday" as you might call it, when all I was expecting to do was bugger around all day. :coffeescreen:

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
You can certainly judge some parrots by their tail. Exceptionally pretty and a surprise to learn something new on a "bank holiday" as you might call it, when all I was expecting to do was bugger around all day. :coffeescreen:
You mean buggerise around all day. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

They're not as heavily built as GCCs. GCCs are more stocky and have larger heads and beaks than these guys. This genus of grass parrots are generally more slender & longer birds than GCCs. The male Mulga in particular is pretty big for his species and definitely a bigger bird than a GCC. He'd be the best part of a foot long, but at least two-thirds of this is tail. Our Aussie grass parrots are some of our most beautiful and colourful birds. These two are certainly messier than my Hooded Parrots...bugger!!! :D

Coming from Pom land, the term "bugger" can be used in many contexts and meanings......

1. Stuffing around/messing around. "Stop buggering about" (stop messing around) or "bugger that!" (stuff that!).
2. Naughty lad/lass "You cheeky bugger!" - yes, I am looking at you Gerard. :p
3. Oh no "oh bugger"
4. The last one? Don't go there, you really don't want to know. :D

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Coming from Pom land, the term "bugger" can be used in many contexts and meanings......

1. Stuffing around/messing around. "Stop buggering about" (stop messing around) or "bugger that!" (stuff that!).
2. Naughty lad/lass "You cheeky bugger!" - yes, I am looking at you Gerard. :p
3. Oh no "oh bugger"
4. The last one? Don't go there, you really don't want to know. :D
#4: I know.