• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Never a dull moment with a 'too

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
elvis chand.jpg

Not sure what happened to Elvis this weekend, but he was a complete crazy bird all weekend. Hormones? Change of season? Or his true personality coming out? I don't know which but he had me laughing all weekend (and at times banging my head against the wall). From unlocking his cage top at least 25 times and banging the tops up and down, to unhooking probably 120 plastic clip toys (which is probably an underestimate because I would hook 5-10 for him at a time and he can unhook them faster than I can hook them), to destroying 2 new toys, to rolling a hazelnut - of all things- across the bottom of his cage for an hour, to wrestling with his toys, and yes, hanging off the chandelier, Elvis was nonstop all weekend. And doing things he had never done before constantly. I am really fortunate that for all of his nuttiness, he is really a good bird. And has added a new word to his vocabulary- kisses. :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL. Weirdly, he still rarely leaves his cage top. He's very good at wrecking havoc from his cage. The flying to the chandelier thing was a fluke- I think. He somehow scared himself playing and took off. And after walking around the downstairs looking for him, that's where I found him. And then had to climb up to get him down. :rolleyes:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Dobby discovered the remote for my 7.1 setup sometime last night. he was all over the place once we let him out and we decided to catch up on some of the shows I have captured on my media center setup. Power went out long enough a week ago to reset everything on the receiver so I found the original remote so I could redo things and some of the buttons didn't feel right. YUP, several were now mostly whittled down and missing:facepalm: To say I wasn't amused is a understatement:banghead: but after I calmed down I found a used one on eBay with good buttons that works for 21 shipped :)
They certainly love to throw us curves and do something new good or bad just to keep us on our toes don't they. Now I have new rules for where the easy to chew remotes can stay...

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He has become a happy and playful boy! ♥
And it's time for him to have his own song: :p
"I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night"

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! Such a total cutie and it sounds like he's happy, happy, happy! That is so awesome! I'll have you know though, I had a nice hanging light like that once upon a time...that is until Reggie and Kishka claimed it and chewed through the electrical cord on it!;). We replaced it with one that doesn't hang thinking we were all safer that way!:)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's a funny guy. It's better that he does that instead of bothering the other birds which is what my Goffin's likes to do.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Shortly after we got him my Goffin hung from a chandelier like that several times. But once before he could be stopped he bit thru the cord and all the lights went out. I thought we'd find him dead on the floor but the fuse must have been fast enough.
No more hanging lights here.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:rofl:Elvis sounds like quite the little stinker! I have a feeling you're just beginning to know the real Elvis, and we will be hearing many funny stories about him in the future. I can't wait to hear what this happy birdie does next!:heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Hmmm... Don't listen to straight up pop music so never heard that song till now. Now the video with the too singing those lyrics makes more sense. Must be the latest young gal singing sensation I guess.
Dobby shared my pasta stuffed things I ate for lunch today because I drug him into the computer room. He was having nothing to do with me till he realized that I was eating something yummy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Dobby discovered the remote for my 7.1 setup sometime last night. he was all over the place once we let him out and we decided to catch up on some of the shows I have captured on my media center setup. Power went out long enough a week ago to reset everything on the receiver so I found the original remote so I could redo things and some of the buttons didn't feel right. YUP, several were now mostly whittled down and missing:facepalm: To say I wasn't amused is a understatement:banghead: but after I calmed down I found a used one on eBay with good buttons that works for 21 shipped :)
They certainly love to throw us curves and do something new good or bad just to keep us on our toes don't they. Now I have new rules for where the easy to chew remotes can stay...
Sunny chewed up our remote long ago. The best was when the cable guy came and the look on his face when he saw our remote. Lol.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
OMG! Such a total cutie and it sounds like he's happy, happy, happy! That is so awesome! I'll have you know though, I had a nice hanging light like that once upon a time...that is until Reggie and Kishka claimed it and chewed through the electrical cord on it!;). We replaced it with one that doesn't hang thinking we were all safer that way!:)
Hopefully hanging from the chandelier isn't going to become a common occurrence.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Made me smile... but why on earth did you get a too! :laughing4:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hopefully hanging from the chandelier isn't going to become a common occurrence.
Its only scary the first time or two. Then once he realizes you don't like it when he goes there it becomes a highly desirable thing because you're going to get involved if he does. Fun fun fun. Wait for it. :lol:

How much do you really like that chandelier? :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sounds like clear plastic tubing is needed around your chandelier cord.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Geez, that sounds just like Dobby. He has discovered the joy of getting into some then getting chased away. You sure he isn't part Too?