• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nest boxes

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
You have recieved very sound advice here and if vet school is your ultimate goal, I would suggest you seriously consider what @Calpurnia has said. Not only should living sentient beings not be used as a means to an end, ethically (and ethics are a huge part of being a vet) but schools will not be interested in pet experience in amateur and uncontrolled environments. It sounds like this breeder you are consulting is being very generous. If he is recognized in the community as a reputable breeder, and will take you on as a volunteer and mentor you, that would be a great way to experience the benefits you are looking for while minimizing the risk.

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
@TheOddFlock I'm glad you are going out and getting some hands on experience. Could this breeder take you on as an apprentice or employee? That way you'll get all of the experience you're looking for and not have to worry about breeding your own birds. I'm only wondering because after Peppo's comment I was curious and did check back at your old posts. When I saw this:

"My flock is a special "odd ball" flock. Come on how many people have a male cockatiel, a male budgie, a female lovebird, and a female budgie, all getting along with each other. Not many people I'm sure. Elvis is my cockatiel, he is the oldest, Chrissy is male budgie, he is Elvis's best friend, Jordan is the youngest, and has a tendency to go after toes when she doesn't get her way, Opal is the newest member, I'm not sure of her mutation. She is related to Chrissy, and because they both are of age, I'm doing my best to prevent any possible eggs. Photos are coming soon. :budgie::budgie7::tielmu::bml:"

I just have to ask what new information did you obtain to tell you that these birds are definitely not related?
I meant to put "she is not related to Chrissy" I forgot "not". It happens a lot.