• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

need to vent please

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@peppermint I believe 'G' is an abbreviation for the name of one of her co-workers :)

It's my understanding that leg band numbers are often not recorded outside of the breeder's records. If it is a small breeder, or one that has gone out of business, it can be very difficult to track or even fully interpret.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
'G' is her nick name because she was born in Romania. she is person & her name is hard to pronounce. 'Clancy & Toby' will be going home with Andrea with in a few weeks. the chink in 'Toby's' armor was he needs 'Clancy' in his cage. together they are wonderful separate them and they are handful and half. they just need each other in the same cage.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Yay!!! I am so happy these two found their forever home!
:heart:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Andrea had order a single macaw cage, but sent it back a re-ordered double cage. it will take construction crew to put it together LOL. the cage will be here next week hopefully. this is what happens when you don't know histories on adopted birds. we had been letting them out separately and 'Clancy' would come out willingly but not 'Toby'. if he was out he was grouch. they found out that they need to be together when the clinic power washed the cages. they were both out together and having a ball playing, preening, and being each other's best friend.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I can finally talk about 'Toby'. they believe he is Emerald macaw. he is huge and will be very beautiful once he gets his feathers back. he is chunk to carry around. and loves Andrea's SO. turns into cuddle bug, if James (SO) is there. they are both getting all sorts of new feathers and their tails are wall to wall pinnies. they are both getting a lot of Harrison pellets plus breakfast and snacks of fresh veggies/ fruit/ nuts. Andrea and James set up their ground floor bedroom as a bird room. James put in lighting and a sh*$ load of shelves for them. they also put in a special screen door between the bird room and the living room, just to keep everybody safe. James also put in alarm system because these 2 are unique. and they want them to stay there. they will both be chipped b/4 they leave the clinic. Andrea also got harnesses for both birds and is working with them to adjust to their fancy wraps. 'Clancy' loves it but 'Toby' isn't sure about that thing. but he will allow it to be on for 5 minutes before he worries the clasp. it will take time.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so glad everyone figured out Toby and Clancy's need.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That is fantastic news. Those two are finally getting the forever home they deserve, they are getting to stay together, and it sounds like they both already have their favorite person! :hug8:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Any pics of these two sweeties? How are they adjusting to their new home? :) I'd love to see the new bird room if it's okay, too. I'm curious about the shelves & always looking for ideas.

Last edited:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am so glad everything worked out for the best for these two. Broke my heart hearing what happened to them but now knowing they are getting a forever home is just wonderful.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Just seeing this now, and all I can think of is... "At least they survived..."

Someone else on a FB group (and an admin to boot, on said board) recently lost their B&G macaw to their dog. It may not have even been a week since the poor bird's death. They've had their macaw for at least a few years now, and never had a problem with the dog and bird. It just takes one chance, though... bird left out of her cage while humans went grocery shopping, came home to dead bird. Dog was taken to animal shelter and reason for surrender was explained.

Having been there, it sucks! (well, budgies in a crappy cage that easily fell apart... if a cat didn't kill one, then bug spray probably would have killed both... :( sucks being a kid with very few options...) Maybe the person who had "Clancy" and "Toby" couldn't afford their vet care? But I can't help but wonder what lead to the situation where both birds were injured by a cat(s)? So sad!

At least they will be well loved and treasured now by someone who's willing to take the time to do right by them! :)

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Those poor babies. Breaks my heart.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Those poor babies. Breaks my heart.
When I bought my house I had a list of non-negotiables the biggest of which was a separate suite for my birds. They have a locked door between them and my dogs at all times. When I bring birds into the main part of the house the dogs are locked in another room with several doors between. Everyone in the house knows the rules. I don't even being them out when grandkids are here, too much going on. My cats have the frog upstairs and have never laid eyes on my birds.

The predator/prey issue cannot be overlooked. It is nature. So glad it had worked out for these babies.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
both birds are doing great with new names; Chrissy the ruby macaw and Emmie the emerald macaw. I still can't post picture yet because there is court case pending.
I've kept this thread on my watch list hoping for an update and I'm so happy it's a good one. And a pending court case to boot! :chickendance:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I hope the court cases go well! What a horrible story but with a happy ending for those babies thankfully:heart:
Their original caretakers, I can’t Even:banghead: Yesterday my stepmothers clipped BCC got to the ground, she also had a dog, so I immediantly grabbed the dog and she just Said you don’t need to do that, if he wanted to eat Blue(BCC) he would have done it a long time ago:bash:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@rocky'smom I can't wait til we get to "meet" Chrissy and Emmie! Both females then?:fairy2: Fingers crossed that the case go well and smoothly.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a horrific story. I am glad they are both okay, and so glad it didn't keep them from having cuddle time too. Bless their poor little hearts!