• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need to rehome Pionus and Linnies

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
It is with a very heavy heart that I am making this post. I need to rehome my Pionus Angel and my Linnies Sampson and Smooches. There is no way around this, it is what it is.
They don't have to go to the same home but the Linnies need to stay together.

Angel is an 11 year old Blue headed Pionus, she is an awesome bird very sweet. loves attention and to be near you but plays well alone too. She is content just to be out and flying around the house or bird room and leaves the little birds alone. She loves to shower with and loves her baths.

The Linnies are 9 and 8 years old. Sampson is a sweetheart, you can hold him but Smooches never liked hands like some Linnies so I just let him do his own thing so he doesn't like to held, but they are cage mates and very bonded so must stay together.
All of them are fully flighted and if local will come with their cages and all toys and supplies.

I am in Central Florida, willing to travel to meet. Please message me for more info. thank you.

KiwiandLemony

Walking the driveway
I’m so sorry, things like this are always hard. I’m sorry but I’m not able to help due to location. I’m sorry but I hope you find the perfect home for your amazing flock.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Oh, Crystal! I wish I were in a position to take them. I have known then all virtually for so many years. I hope they find a wonderful home. :sadhug2:

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Sorry you're going through this, I'm too far away to help:sad14:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Wow, you've been with AA so long, it's so sad to see you have to give up your babies.
You are one of the names I'll always stop to see what you've said.
Hoping members step up and help.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
If I had the room, I would love to take your Pi. :( I'm sorry you're having to do this.

I know it isn't ideal, but if it comes to it, you can get in contact with Phoenix Landing. They cover the north east part of FL.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:ohsorry: I hope you can place them in a safe & loving home (s)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Phoenix Landing covers:

Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, North Carolina, and northern Florida. We also adopt parrots to homes in those and neighboring states.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry Crystal. :(

I really hope that someone here take Angel. And the one that does will never regret that.
Pi girls are so sweet! ♥♥♥

Last edited:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Wish you were closer to San Diego...unless you'd entertain sending Angel on an adventure via plane.:shy:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It breaks my heart to see this. Crystal reached out to me first because I fostered Angel for a year. I can absolutely vouch for the fact that this bird is one of the sweetest birds I have ever met. I would have taken her in an instant if our house wasn't completely full but I don't even know where we would put another cage at this point and Angel is the kind of bird who really does like attention. She's a special little girl and is absolutely amazing! She really does love her showers too! I hope someone here will take her.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry you have to rehome them. Hugs.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for the kind words everyone, this really is a very tough decision. I’ve tried to keep with me as long as I could.
But as of right now both the Linnie’s and Angel have found homes from the wonderful people here on AA. If anything changes I will update here. Thank you again ❤❤