• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need to rehome my brownheaded parrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smrtys

Checking out the neighborhood
Due to a complicated set of circumstances, I have to move out of our home and into an apartment for the next few years. The trouble is that she is very loud when she screeches and I will be in danger of being kicked out in the apartment. I am asking a re-homing fee of $200 (negotiable if it's the right fit) to make sure she goes to a good home, and it would be nice to get updates from time to time about how she is doing. I will include her cage and toys and extra food. I am in the detroit metro area.

A little bit about her:
She is four years old and very sweet and cuddly. She can be nippy at times, especially if something scares her, with strangers who act afraid of her, or if she is hormonal. Other than that, she is mostly calm, loves scritches, and tends to screech when she hears the microwave or if you leave the room. She can become very attached to her favorite human and loves nothing more than catch a ride on your shoulder and get scritches all day long. She does not seem to like other birds at all. She actually lunges to attack other birds/parrots that she sees. She just needs a home where she can be as loud as she wants and has a human to love and love her back. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I would take her with me to the apartment and beg forgiveness if anyone complains... Introduce her around the neighbours and get them on side.

Good luck.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry you have to rehome her. Brown heads are in my top three of favorite parrots! I lost my little girl about 7 yrs ago. I hope you can find her a wonderful home.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so sorry that you have to rehome her,I hope she is able to find a wonderful home.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
She is so pretty...are you sure you can't bring her with you?

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am sorry you are having to re-home your brownheaded girl. Good luck finding her a new and forever home.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
hope she finds a good home

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Gosh, I'm sorry. I have a brownhead
and I have to say he is one of the sweetest
little guys I have ever seen. They love people!
Wish I could help but I have a full house. I can
say it would be a wonderful pet for someone.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
She is gorgeous!!! I love Poi's...

Smrtys

Checking out the neighborhood
Update: I found someone!!!! She is one of the nicest people ever! She will let me come visit her and if my living circumstances ever change, she said she will let her come home again!!! I am sooo happy!

I really really miss her (it feels empty at home). But I know she is with a good hearted person who will take good care of her....and I can still see her!!!:dance4: I'm going this weekend...
Also, she gets to eat homemade birdie bread and will be taken care of really, really well!!

Thanks everyone for all your encouraging posts and compliments about my beautiful girl. :hug8:
I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened!!!

Last edited:

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
yeah..im glad you took the time to find her a great home..:laughing12:does the person belong to AA? hopefully if they do we will here about her also:D

Status
Not open for further replies.