• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need to re-home African Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelP

Moving in
I'm in need to rehome my African Grey, He is 7 years old and been with me for 6.5 years.

I am not in a rush at this point and will not rehome to someone that hasn't already had a parrot before.

I'm currently in SC.

Oh and he does not know a single bad word, but will gladly tell you Good Morning :)

If interested drop me a note.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're having to rehome your bird, but I'm sure he'll find a loving and knowledgeable home with one of our members.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Do you have any pictures?
Yeah, we're definitely suckers for pictures here! :D Can you tell us a little more about him? What's his name? Does he prefer men or women? Any favorite or funny things he likes to do? Anything he definitely does not like? Just so we can get to know him a little better.

MichaelP

Moving in
Yeah, we're definitely suckers for pictures here! :D Can you tell us a little more about him? What's his name? Does he prefer men or women? Any favorite or funny things he likes to do? Anything he definitely does not like? Just so we can get to know him a little better.
Yep I have pictures...his name is Chilli (thought it was different.. .but from reading the forum it seems a lot of other people thought so too).

My wife has never really handled him but he doesn't seem to prefer one over the other. He loves music and seems to dance a lot. He likes to talk to the dogs and when one of our dogs passed a year ago, he realized he was no longer in the house and stopped talking to him. He will randomly call one of our dogs (especially if they started barking)... but when "doc" passed, he never said his name again.

He's kind of picky about his food, he really doesn't like a lot of vegetables and absolutely hates the shower! Tried many different ways but he just really seems to hate water.

He mainly likes Zupreem fruitblend but will NOT eat the purple ones, will eat every other one except the purple ones...i can't imagine they taste different but he does seem to like certain colors.

Attachments

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Wow! He’s stunning! Why are you having to rehome him if you don’t mind me asking? I’m such a sucker for the greys!:)

MichaelP

Moving in
Do to circumstances he’s not getting the attention he needs and I will be moving and I believe with the cross country trek it will be to stressful. Plus there will be too much time now when nobody is home.... like I originally said, I’m looking for a good home, not just to get rid of him. He’s been a really good bird I just feel really bad because he’s getting no attention at all.

I know this is unusual but when we say goodnight, he never makes a peep until we walk in a say good morning. In 6 years he’s never once woken us up.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
There was a member on this site not too long ago who was looking for a Grey to adopt. Because she has foster children she didn't want one who has been taught to say bad words. And she has experience with Greys. If you don't mind, I will send her a PM with this link attached. Your bird sounds perfect for her.

MichaelP

Moving in
There was a member on this site not too long ago who was looking for a Grey to adopt. Because she has foster children she didn't want one who has been taught to say bad words. And she has experience with Greys. If you don't mind, I will send her a PM with this link attached. Your bird sounds perfect for her.
Thanks

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Wow. Chilli is handsome. It's funny. We have 4 birds on Zupreem and every one of them has a fave color and a least fave color! Been trying other pellets to no avail also. I hope you find a good home for him.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Where at in SC? I’m in NC and he is beautiful!

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Chilli is a very handsome bird. I like African Grays especially Congos. Perhaps one day I'll be lucky enough to own one. I've had Yellow Napes since I was 9 and now I am the proud owner of my first Orange Winged named Oliver. He's quite the ham and boy what a personality, lol.

MichaelP

Moving in
I wanted to update this thread. Chili has been rehomed and is now living in NJ. He travelled to NJ last weekend and is doing very well! I’m very much at ease with his new location and feel he will definitely get the attention he needs and deserves. It was really hard and honestly while I was sitting in the airport parking lot I almost said NO and pulled out of the parking lot to go back home. But after going in and meeting one of the new family members I was very much at ease.

Thanks

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad you were able to find him a nice home. :)

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I can only imagine how hard it must've been for you. I'm happy you were able to find him a good home for his new forever home.

Status
Not open for further replies.