• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need ID help

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
This adorable little guy/gal has taken up residence in an empty tote outside our front door and I was thinking it was a skink, but am having trouble identifying which one. The markings most look like a San Francisco alligator lizard, but I think the tail is too long and maybe the head a bit off. Anyhow, I figured one of you might know :) Any guesses? I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains in california. I also caught a cute little Gilbert's skink chillin' on my couch not too long ago. So adorable :heart:

Here is our new outdoor housemate :) Last night when I peeked in the tote to check on him/her, he/she was curled up asleep. Since it had been a few days since we noticed it in the tote, I was concerned that it might be stuck and put a stick in there and a water dish just in case. image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure,but such a cutie and I love that tail!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
He's adorable! We have mostly blue tail and red throated here - the babies are so cute

Tongue Flicker

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Neil Moreton

Seeing you're in CA and i have a lot of friends there, I'd be givin it a shot that, that is an alligator lizard!! :D

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo