• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help with 3mo old lovebird

fchan3

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone,

I am a new bird owner and I bought a 3 month old lovebird yesterday. I got her home and she is very quiet and not moving, and I understand that can happen since she is new to her new home without her other siblings around. But she sleeps a lot and it is starting to worry me a little. She ate some and drank some water, but she is sitting on there preach with eyes closed. I'm starting to wonder if she is sick? There are times where it looks like she is tail bobbing, but I am not too sure. I attached three videos below. Any insight/suggestion would help!! thank you!

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Wesley Brokop

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Wesley Brokop
If she is puffy or sort of hunched over those can sometimes be signs of sickness.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Shes in a strange scary world right now, you should have a wellness check done, and just let her settle in, be calm, quiet, to her,,let her feel at ease right now. It will take time and patience for her to feel "at home"...

Betz

Moving in
Babies sleep allot.
Make sure she is eating and drinking.
How does she do interacting with you? Lovebirds grow up to be very playful!
Also keep an eye on her droppings. If they change or get watery, an avian vet may be something to research. You should have a vets name on hand anyway.
Best of luck!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Oof, it looks like her wings may have been clipped, poor thing. I've noticed that my baby doesn't move around too much unless he has thicker perches.