• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help new baby caique

SarahA

Moving in
I am new to this website and new to the caique breed i know and have read they are stubborn i got my baby from abreeder that hand fed her but i dont think he handled them much because she does not let me handle her much and wont stop flying to the top of my head and today she just has been want to eat in her cage just the seeds and not pellets yesterday fed her some apple today she took couple of bites but not interested in me or the apple she doesnt let me wrestle her or hop like the videos or she doesnt like for me to scratch her so i need help i thought i bought and tame hand fed baby i do feed her some formula to bond with her but thats not really helping

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
I am new to this website and new to the caique breed i know and have read they are stubborn i got my baby from abreeder that hand fed her but i dont think he handled them much because she does not let me handle her much and wont stop flying to the top of my head and today she just has been want to eat in her cage just the seeds and not pellets yesterday fed her some apple today she took couple of bites but not interested in me or the apple she doesnt let me wrestle her or hop like the videos or she doesnt like for me to scratch her so i need help i thought i bought and tame hand fed baby i do feed her some formula to bond with her but thats not really helping
take it calm...let her adjust to her new enviroment, dont push her to do things she isnt ready for.

how long have you had her?

remember every bird is it own personality..never watch a vid and think your parrot will be like that one...it might be..but also might not, Jack isnt much of a hoper even tho he does it sometimes now and then and he loves scritches a sign he been watching Toby :D

just find out wich treat he likes most and use that when you training and building a trust.

just ask if you wanna know more

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
Sarah!
THE I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE AVENUE!! WE'RE A BUNCH OF ANIMAL LOVERS HERE!! HOPE YOU FIT RIGHT IN!!

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
I have several good links that you can check out to help you out! PM me and I'll send them to you!