• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help getting stubborn too out of the cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Any suggestions. Ella is wanting to stay in the cage today. I tried to entice her out for almonds and also her morning oatmeal feeding and she just seemed to get irritated and frustrated, so I fed her the oatmeal.

Still doesn't want to step up.

Now sitting next to cage with millet, shreddy toy and almonds on my leg.

Don't know if I should introduce the carrier. I have that out of view til I get her out.

Normally I open window and let sun in and she comes out butit's a rainy gloomy day here so no sunshine.

She has been stepping up for me but now today since we're going to the vet she wants to be stubborn.

Vet visit in an an hour so I need suggestions fast.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You probably shouldn't have fed her the oatmeal, and made her come out to eat it if she wanted it.
Sorry, full tummy, gloomy day, sounds like naptime to me:rolleyes:

Does she have a perch that she'll step up on? If not and you can't bribe her out, you might actually have to towel her.

Does she like music or dancing? You might want to walk away from her turn the music on, started dancing, acting like a fool and she might come out to join you.

Good luck getting her out and good luck at the vets office.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Another thing for the future is to put a perch on the inside of the door for her to get on and then you can work with the step up from there...
Is the only time she is coming out of the cage is to go to the doctors?
Also having the proper lighting in the room for her/whether sunny or not is important....helps her attitude and playing...
If you can't get her out, then yes you are going to have to towel her and put her in the carrier...But talk softly and give her treats once in...:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Remember these moments when she doesnt want to be on you and out all the time LOL.

Somedays my 'toos don't want out, so I leave them be with cage door open.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I would just leave the cage open with toys/treats on top of it and sit always away with a book or something and just let her come out on her own.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I think the OP was asking for quick suggestions because she had a vet appointment for the Too and couldn't get it out of the cage!....:hug8:

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Ok, I got her out. I had to outwit her. I just put the little fleece blanket in between her and the bars so she couldn't beak the bars and then just kind of scooped her up quick when she tried to walk for the bars on the side of the cage. I didn't have to put the blanket over her head but just put it over my hands in case she tried to bite. She was a little nippy but I got her out without too much trouble and no trauma to her or me and we made our appt.

Ok, I will post about vet visit in another post. But thanks for all the suggestions. She's been stepping up for me but today gloomy and I guess after I gave in with the oatmeal it seemed like a nice time for a nap

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Ok, I got her out. I had to outwit her. I just put the little fleece blanket in between her and the bars so she couldn't beak the bars and then just kind of scooped her up quick when she tried to walk for the bars on the side of the cage. I didn't have to put the blanket over her head but just put it over my hands in case she tried to bite. She was a little nippy but I got her out without too much trouble and no trauma to her or me and we made our appt.

Ok, I will post about vet visit in another post. But thanks for all the suggestions. She's been stepping up for me but today gloomy and I guess after I gave in with the oatmeal it seemed like a nice time for a nap
Great! Looking forward to the post of the vet visit!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.