• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help finding a replacement or the maker

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Burt has had a favorite acrylic toy since he was a baby and he has loved it so much it is probably the only toy he hasn't deliberately broken but unfortunately it bit the dust today when it was dropped in his cage.
He really does love it and carts it about everywhere he can (it was almost like a security blanket at times lol) and always remembers to take it back to his cage if he brings it out to play with it.
I would love to get him an exact replacement but I can't seem to find them, I can't recall for sure if it originally had a chain to hang it or if it was a foot toy from the start.
We have tried many other acrylic toys hoping to have this terrible toy death day already covered but none have lasted or taken his interest like the original. Any help locating a new one or the name of the manufacturer would be very muchly appreciated if anyone is familiar with it.
IMG_9504.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's a "Bell Plastic" bird toy or part of a toy. It may have been a hanging toy, that came apart. I bought several Bell Plastic toys back when I first got my parrots 24 years ago. Many bird toy supply catalogs carried them back then, but most if not all have gone out of business. JaJaBinks (previous macaw) played with many foot & hanging toys. None ever broke. That is until JaKhu (aka the destroyer) came along. She has broken 3 or 4 of the hanging toys. Jasmine (U2) & Jengo (CAG) still have a few of their hanging toys & foot toys. Jasmine & Jengo have the activity centers & Jasmine has one of the donut curved perches. I also have the maze toy that you put treats in.

I found their website, altho it hasn't been updated in years...i.e., no new toys & many of the older ones not listed. Bell Plastic Bird Toys They do not show the toy you have, but there are 2 large foot toys that may work. Check out every page, as the toys are not all listed as assumed. If you contact them or order please let me know if you can get them, as I may need to replace a few in the future.

You could also try to glue it with a special glue for acrylic plastic.

Wanted to add the owner of the site has moved on to making many other plastic things. Including huge statues. Bell Plastics’ Home Page

Last edited:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
How did you do that?? o_O I really looked and couldn't find it!
Just typed in acrylic parrot foot toys Australia look a while going through your shops haha :lol:not that it’s helped it’s sold out

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Maybe you could message them see if it back I. Stock soon or who their supplier is hope you find it for him

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
IMG_6496.png
Found this similar but not same

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Omg @Emma&pico thank you so much!
I will most certainly contact them to ask if they’re getting more in and if they’re not then I can ask who the supplier is!!
I can’t believe you found it… I’m sure I checked their store :confused:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I will most certainly contact them to ask if they’re getting more in and if they’re not then I can ask who the supplier is!!
I hope you get him one and it’s back in stock soon

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I think when I checked their site it wasn’t there but google fetches up pictures clicked that and it was on there then come up on their site if that makes any sense at all

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You could try contacting "parrotsupply.com.au" & see if they can get more from the manufacture or get the manufactures name & contact them directly. Like many businesses since Covid it's a good chance they are out of business. Worth a try tho.

If that's not an option perhaps Bell Plastics in California would custom make you the toy. The info on their site says they do custom work.

To repair it yourself you would need to use acrylic cement. It doesn't actually glue it melts the acrylic to make the bond. It's also highly noxious, so you'd need to do it outside.

You could locate a acrylic plastic fabricator in Australia & see if they can fix it for you. There are several businesses listed in Vic/AU.