• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help assembling java tree

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
The thickest branches are a bit too thick (slippery) but I think it will work
Blu will get used to it , different size branches are good for his feet . My birds dont have vet wrap , they got the feel for perching just fine in a week .
20171110_184057.jpg

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Blu will get used to it , different size branches are good for his feet . My birds dont have vet wrap , they got the feel for perching just fine in a week .
View attachment 305333
They are just marvelous, and the tree looks awesome! That is good to know, thank you!!!

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
They are just marvelous, and the tree looks awesome! That is good to know, thank you!!!
They are work of art, they're a beautiful addition that looks great anywhere you put them. Definitely an investment that
is truly , form and function.

dazz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
dara
@iamwhoiam

I finally put the tree in his room this morning. He was totally cool with me assembling it right in front of him. Took him about 5 minutes to land on it. The thickest branches are a bit too thick (slippery) but I think it will work. If anything, I may wrap something around those to give him more grip. Now, my biggest problem is rearranging things in the room to make it fit. Not a bad problem to have but still a bit of a problem :smuggrin:

View attachment 305311
hi iamwhoaim, where did you purchase that tree, branches, its looks fab.....i want one for my cockatoo.......

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
hi iamwhoaim, where did you purchase that tree, branches, its looks fab.....i want one for my cockatoo.......
Hi @dazz, I'm not iamwhoiam but I'm the one who posted that picture of the stand. I bought it from Overstock.com. There was an issue with my order because I ordered a small but they accidentally sent me a medium but it worked out for me anyway. You'd probably need a medium for your cockatoo and now Overstock is sold out of those so I did a quick Google search for you. They have a very good price on them here at the moment A&E Cage Company Java Wood Tree Floor Playstand | bird Stands | PetSmart

The only problem with ordering them online is that you don't really get to see the exact model you'll get until it's delivered. But they usually end up being pretty good so hopefully that would be the case if you did order it online. $259 is an excellent deal so if you want one I'd suggest getting it soon. They're usually well over $400 for the medium

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I love those java trees....got this one for 25 bucks at an auction a few months back...my birds love it.
IMG_20190715_010335.jpg IMG_20190522_112139.jpg