• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help assembling java tree

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
20190507_195324.jpg
20190507_195330.jpg

These bolts/lug nuts (not sure what they're called) are too big to fit in to the base's holes. Am I supposed to unscrew them? Or am I missing something here? The underside of the base is closed off so I'm imagining you don't need to unscrew them?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
20190507_201329.jpg

Actually, sorry, the bottom is not closed off. But the lug nut/bolts are too short to go all the way through? :think1:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, you need to unscrew them and then put those through the bottom of the base into the tree. What do you mean that the underside is closed off? Tree on top of the base, bolt and washer underneath. Are there just two washers or two with each bolt?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thank you for helping, iamwhoiam! I am sorry, it's not closed off at the bottom. But there's this extra piece of wood that makes the base too thick for there to be any way for those bolts to go all the way through. I hope I'm explaining that right.

Here is a different view of the bottom.
20190507_201635.jpg

And then this is how short the bolts are
20190507_201933.jpg

That's all that it comes with. I don't see how that can go through anything?

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
If you unscrew the bolts, and feed them from the bottom, they should be long enough to reach through. You're not looking at a nut and a washer, you're looking at the end of a bolt and a washer. The bolt itself is probably at least an inch long, and long enough to pop through the bottom piece and still have some length to feed into the actual tree.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that it worked. Take some photos of the tree. So UPS never came to pick it up?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Great that it worked. Take some photos of the tree. So UPS never came to pick it up?
I will take pics as soon as I put it together for good. I can't do it today cause it won't fit through Blu's door and I don't want to introduce him to it so close to bed time. I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need to assemble it when I do bring it in the room. Will do soon though!

UPS never came. Tomorrow is the actual day that Overstock said I could throw it away but I really doubt they will come without setting up something with me. . I'm thrilled that it was free. I just hope it won't be too big for my little man. I got super lucky though!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would give it a few days over the deadline. Sometimes UPS doesn't show up in a timely manner for pick up. Did you already get the refund for the tree, btw? Credit on your card?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I would give it a few days over the deadline. Sometimes UPS doesn't show up in a timely manner for pick up. Did you already get the refund for the tree, btw? Credit on your card?
You think there's still a possibility they will come? I did get a full refund to my debit card and the return says completed on the Overstock website

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You think there's still a possibility they will come? I did get a full refund to my debit card and the return says completed on the Overstock website
That is a possibility especially for an item that is not cheap. I purchased a cheap tablet cover from them and it stunk and I wouldn't use it and they told me that they didn't want it back but then that cost about $7.00 so no big deal for them.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I guess there's a possibility but I have proof in writing that they said I could throw it away on 5/8

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you have written confirmation regarding that. If they ever come back to you and tell you that it wasn't returned to them you can forward that email to them and let them know that nobody came to pick it up and you were advised to toss it on 5/8 if no pick up happened.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Good that you have written confirmation regarding that. If they ever come back to you and tell you that it wasn't returned to them you can forward that email to them and let them know that nobody came to pick it up and you were advised to toss it on 5/8 if no pick up happened.
That's what I was thinking. I used to watch alot of Judge Judy:lol:

Thanks again, iamwhoiam!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You are welcome. Hope that Blu likes it.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
@iamwhoiam

I finally put the tree in his room this morning. He was totally cool with me assembling it right in front of him. Took him about 5 minutes to land on it. The thickest branches are a bit too thick (slippery) but I think it will work. If anything, I may wrap something around those to give him more grip. Now, my biggest problem is rearranging things in the room to make it fit. Not a bad problem to have but still a bit of a problem :smuggrin:

20190525_111510.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a very nice tree and you got it for an excellent price. :D
It's great that Blu likes it. You can wrap the branches with vet wrap.
Are there eye screws where you can attach toys?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Yes, I can't remember if there are 3 or 4 now and I'm not home to check but there definitely are:)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awesome stand! :dance4: