• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlady2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helena
The vet injected the Baytril and gave me some to give her orally. I just gave her some handfeeding formula by syringe and she took it. She is now trying to eat some of her pellets.
I am so upset that my regular vet was not in this weekend and my back-up vet was also not in. I am going to look for a back-up to my back-up!

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
praying for her and hoping everything comes out ok. I have back up vets to back up vets and even a thrid vet just to be safe. Take care of her.
:budgie3:Michael
:budgie3: Jett

:duskyconure: Dakota

dragonlady2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helena
So there has been a huge improvement overnight. Her Urine is as green as can be, but the white part is very white and her feces is green. Obviously from the plants she ingested. Just gave her another dose of Baytril, handfeeding formula and water. She is very restless in the crate so I will give her a little cage time while I am cleaning it out. Whew

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
This is good news!:hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:yah: Keep up the good work!!!!
So happy for some improvement!!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so glad she's starting to feel better. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that is wonderful..I am so very glad she is feeling better..make sure you take her to the regular vet when you can.

dragonlady2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helena
Re: Need advice!Bella's baack...yahoo!

Thanks everyone for advice and support. Bella's looking and acting normal this morning. Obviously I moved the plants. I initially thought about clipping her as she gets into so much trouble. But the vet commented on how well muscled she was and she looks so happy when she can fly. I'll have to reorganize the room, problem is she is not interested in her birdy toys, just my husband's calculator, cell phone etc.:lol:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad to read that she's feeling better.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
So glad Bella is ok :)

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
If she is only interested in the cell phone and calculator what about some of the baby toys that are shaped like a calculator and cellphone, if you look around real close you can probibly find one for infants that could be bird safe as well. She would think that shes getting a fun item to play with but really she was playing with a bird toy :hehe:

Also greenfeather bird toys makes a few toys with Sassy (brand) baby toys that beep have buttons and etc, that might interest a tecno bird ;)

Too funn:p

I'm going to have to remember that i like it "Technobird"

dragonlady2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helena
If she is only interested in the cell phone and calculator what about some of the baby toys that are shaped like a calculator and cellphone, if you look around real close you can probibly find one for infants that could be bird safe as well. She would think that shes getting a fun item to play with but really she was playing with a bird toy :hehe:

Also greenfeather bird toys makes a few toys with Sassy (brand) baby toys that beep have buttons and etc, that might interest a tecno bird ;)

Too funn:p

I'm going to have to remember that i like it "Technobird"
Good idea...i keep meaning to check out the baby toy section. On my to do list!

ktemkin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kyle
Re: Need advice!Bella's baack...yahoo!

problem is she is not interested in her birdy toys, just my husband's calculator, cell phone etc.:lol:
And anything else you spend a lot of time with. A lot of the time, these birds learn what's fun and what to play with from their flock-mates: you. Of the birds I've lived with, only one was interested in toys from the get-go. Only after I spent time exaggeratedly playing with the toys myself did they really become interesting.

Given I do a lot of work from my home, my computer keyboard naturally remains irresistible, especially when I'm typing on it.

Really glad to hear she's okay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.