• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need advice!

Prettybyrd

Checking out the neighborhood
I am unsure if this is the right forum thingy, I am sorry if it isn't.

Hey, to make it short:

My budgie is at the vet rn with her husband. My gcc bit her toe, and she might've broke it. She'll most likely need surgery. The price is way too high for us atm, $510-$850 depending what happens. So, my question, is it logical to start a gofundme? My family does not get paid a lot, and we never planned for this to happen, thinking my conure was '' well behaved, not a chicken butt. '' but, that turned out to be wrong.

I will most likely have to start doing work around the town because both of my parents are freaked. Thank god my mother actually took her to the vet though..

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Sorry this happened. Conures and budgies often are not a good mix :( You said your family doesn’t make much $ but is there a chance your parents can apply for Care Credit? It’s like a loan that will cover the vet cost, and they can pay back with monthly payments. That way, if you’re working to pay it off you can give them the money you make as you go.

Hope she gets the surgery she needs, that looks so painful!

Edited to add/ not sure if a gofundme would work or not sorry