• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Naughty parrot

Vallom

Moving in
Real Name
Debbie
Hey guys I need your help!!!! My boyfriend has had this parrot for about 15 years, to begin with he hated me but after about a year he built enough trust in me to come onto me!! We have now been together over 6 years I’m the one that cleans him out feeds him every day etc and we get on well, but!!!!! after 8 o’clock at night we don’t let him out coz he gets rather grumpy but if my fella is out for the night or like at the moment away on a skiing trip he does my bloody head in trying to get my attention pinging on the bars, doing high pitch noises, throwing his food!!! I’ve tired blanking him, covering him up, taking his food away nothing works!!!! Does anyone have any advice as I can’t sit in my living room at any point of the day by myself because of him please help

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Does he sleep in the living room?

Vallom

Moving in
Real Name
Debbie
Thank you for answering my question!! Yea he does x

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Does he get 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep? That could play a part in his behavior:)
And welcome to the avenue!:hello:

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
You could try getting him a smaller cage that he can sleep in during the night in another area of the house that is quiet. He needs 10-12 hours of sleep in a quiet dark area. If he sees you up and about in the living room he will of course wanna stay up with you and do everything he can to get your attention.

Vallom

Moving in
Real Name
Debbie
No he doesn’t get 10/12 hours sleep, it’s probably more like 8 hours!!! Right early night for me the next couple of nights see if it helps thanks for all your advice!!! X

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You could also put him in another room to sleep, that way you could still use the living room:)

Vallom

Moving in
Real Name
Debbie
He nearly went in the shed last night he was driving me crazy!!!! (I’m only joking I wouldn’t do that to him really)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
As was already suggested, try putting him in another room to sleep, and he needs more hours of sleep. :)

Vallom

Moving in
Real Name
Debbie
Thank u for all your advice!!! It’s very helpful x