• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Natural Bug Spray?

zvezdast

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I am seeing some bugs (roach family) in bathrooms every now and then, that I would like to curb before it becomes a bigger issue.

I found a pest control company that call themselves "green". They use this product.
Essentria IC3 Insecticide
Essentria® IC-3 Insecticide Concentrate | Botanical Insecticides

They say they worked in houses with birds and that it is "safe for pets when dry (they need to be out of the area during the application until surfaces are dry completely)." It is supposed to have "winter green" aroma.

I would only have them spray in the bathrooms, and outside. I would keep my bird on the patio while it is being sprayed inside, with bathroom doors closed and AC off. Then I would bring her into the living room, and have them spray outside. Assuming there is no wind outside, I would open the outside doors after the spray outside is dry, to air the house.

Is this safe?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
Thank you, Matthew.
I am torn with this. I am thinking of canceling the appointment, but I don't know of any alternative.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sorry, I wish I could help you! Seems like it might work, but it's hard to know.
:bump7:

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
Thank you. I ended up canceling the appointment.
I may schedule on another day when I can take her away from the house. I'll just self-treat outside for now.