• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mystery solved

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
helloAA, Ihave just found out my parolette it is a Mexican Parrolet . That makes a big difference in the way they act still same attitude still very loving and cute that it does explain the biting they are very different than the regular parrolet. Anyone else have a Mexican parrotlet? As soon as I learn how to post a video I will send a video for everyone to see!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
it does explain the biting they are very different than the regular parrolet.
I don´t believe you can attribute biting to a species of bird.
It´s like saying all Rottweilers bite, all Spanish people dance Flamenco and all American cops eat donuts.

Well done finding out more information about your bird. Congratulations! How did you manage that?

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
I guess I should have explained,this little guy Kiwi,was a rescue,but in the wild they forage.So I started
Really thinking on this.. when hr bites it's not like he's trying to hurt you it's not a vicious bite.Then him not being banded was curious,although only 2 of mine are. So I looked back through my contacts found the previous owner and asked her about his history he was part of the flea market , they breed them.So I was able to get this guys number that breeds them ! He tells me there's several in a cage very little food and they are flight plus his little brothers are the ones that reach in and grab them that explains the nipping in the fighting because the brothers were allowed to go in the aviary and do whatever they wanted.He said all his bite due to teasing ,now with all that I'm not sure about any decisions about Kiwi.do you know today All he wanted was his head scratched and scratched to the point he looked dead in my hand. He is biting today was more like a teething child , he just wanted to be scratched and chew on my fingers he was chewing on the rough skin around my finger until I told him to stop he does listen to noThe only problem I have with him now is he will fly off onto anyone else in the room an bite them aggressively. Wish me luck!

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Anyone have a Mexican parrolet?