• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

mystery blue boogers

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
IMG_4549.JPG IMG_4548.JPG only in left nare, I think it was food or something but not 100% sure. I'm leaning towards it was something foreign because she was trying to pick it out and that's how I noticed it. Definitely blue, I used tweezers to get it off. She held perfectly still for the whole thing and seem to actually be thankful I was getting it out because it was annoying her. She's acting totally normal but if it comes back I'm taking her in to the vet!
The red stuff on her beak is pepper by the way ;)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How strange! Could she have been surfing on a blue towel? Does she have any blue toys she could have gotten a piece of in there?

Once in high school my eye kept watering all day; so much that the skin around my eye was getting sore from dabbing at it with a tissue. I was starting to think I was getting pink eye when I finally had something dark blue come out of my tear duct. It was the navy blue eyeliner I had used on my waterline. :confused: (And I did say it was high school, so don't judge the navy liner. :p)

The red stuff on her beak is pepper by the way ;)
So that's what it looks like when your bird eats vegetables. :geek: Interesting!

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
One of my birds had a blue nare once, but thankfully I finally figured out it was the dye from a toy he had been playing with. I hope it was just a piece of blue toy or something, and that’s the end of it!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Quack was getting blue fuzz in her nares from the flannel sheet under her papers she was chewing up. I changed it out for another one she doesn't chew as much.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yeah it doesn’t detract from the cuteness