• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Workplace :)

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
20161228_161524.jpg

So some ppl wanted to see the horses, so i thought i start with the Stable...and u can see 3 of the horses here.
1: Fernando but we call him Nando
2: Irco Crocco but he is called Grålle
3: Laruska M Hard to see here in the pic and she is called Lussan or even Luzifer

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Nice stables. What are your duties and responsibilities with the horses?

I liked the looks of the Swedish Warmbloods. They looked much more sturdy than either the Arabians or Thoroughbreds. I've had only Quarter Horses all of my life, except for a mare that was mostly Morgan when I was a child.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Lets go thought a normal day.
7:15 i give the horses their breakfast.
7:30 i go out and weighted some Hay, usually i weight Morning and Night bags
8:00 i check and brush the horses and put their blankets on and then i release them in the horse paddocks
8:50 since its usually cold and water is frozen i go out with warm water so they doesnt need to drink cold water.
9:30 i clean the stable, and fix water and all around.
13:30 i weight the remaining Hay wich is usual evening bags.
14:00 - 16:30 i usually do things that are needed to be done like cleaning horse paddocks, and stuffs Like that.
16:30 i give them evening Hay and fill their waterbuckets and after that i leave for the bus home ;)

This is a normal day..but as with all animals..there is Always something happening that isnt planned.

So the responsibilities are to make sure the horses have everything they need.
The horses isnt being used in any activity..just to eat grass kinda.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Very cool job :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
People always thought I was weird because I like the smell of horses and (dare I say it) horse poop. Give me horse poop any day over cows or pigs ...

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Thanks, I've worked at a couple of large stables and it's the same the world over, other than I had my assigned horses to exercise. That's sounds strange to me that the horses aren't used for anything.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
I like it. People always thought I was weird because I've always loved the smell of horses and (dare I say it) horse poop. Rather that any day over cow or pig poop.
Well i dont think its weird..i cant say i like the smell of fresh horse poop, but i doesnt smell it so much now anyhow hehe but it smells alot better than cow or pig poop ;)

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
.That's sounds strange to me that the horses aren't used for anything.
They was used in horse jumping, but since the owner got children its like she lost the intrest in having horses at all, but she wont sell them cuz for her its status to have them kinda.
So i take Care of them and the stable while she does virtually nothing with them.

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Huh - oh well, I guess the horses have an easy life then. I have always believed that horses need to work for their physical and mental well being.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Huh - oh well, I guess the horses have an easy life then. I have always believed that horses need to work for their physical and mental well being.
You are correct on that, a horse need to work to feel good.
The horses i work with need to be activated..but i aint allowed to Ride them..so i Always try to take them on a longer Walk so they atleast get to move some.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
You are correct on that, a horse need to work to feel good.
The horses i work with need to be activated..but i aint allowed to Ride them..so i Always try to take them on a longer Walk so they atleast get to move some.
That's a shame because they should at least be ridden just to keep them used to riding and being handled. Jumping a little wouldn't hurt them just to keep them busy.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful horses. It's sad that no one rides them. They probably would enjoy going out for a long run.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Agree that it is sad they not are allowed to do what a horse should do = Working.
If you look at a horse in the wild they are build for 20 km transportation every day. It's not natural for them to do nothing.
Perhaps you can tomköra dom? Do you know how to do that?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
If I remember correctly, Daniel had said he was trained in trotting - to me that means a type of racing - upload_2016-12-28_17-54-1.jpeg - but some of the photos he posted earlier about the Swedish horses showed what appeared to be matched trotters with a passenger cart or cab (sorry, don't know the right word) and it looked like competition in Holland (?).

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Agree that it is sad they not are allowed to do what a horse should do = Working.
If you look at a horse in the wild they are build for 20 km transportation every day. It's not natural for them to do nothing.
Perhaps you can tomköra dom? Do you know how to do that?

I know how to do that, but she doesnt have everything that is needed for it and she wont buy anything new exept for blankets when the Old ones break.

If I remember correctly, Daniel had said he was trained in trotting - to me that means a type of racing - View attachment 240638 - but some of the photos he posted earlier about the Swedish horses showed what appeared to be matched trotters with a passenger cart or cab (sorry, don't know the right word) and it looked like competition in Holland (?).
Trotting for Me is:
Harness-racing3.jpg

But the best things i know to do when it comes to horses are actually this:
Timmerhäst 2a.jpg
I remember at winters at School, then we had 4 weeks in the Forest driving timber...;)

Mallie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
That's a nice clean barn!
My sister has been into horses forever and she boarded and worked at horse farms for a long time. I have some awesome memories of spending our summer days messing around at the stables.