• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Wolf

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Here is a pic of my wolfdog Nymeria ...she is concidered 75% wolf 25% mix shep/huskey ...she is 3 1/2 yrs now ...we adopted he when she was 1 yr ..she had a very hard life before we got her ..so it took us some time to gain her trust but she has turned out to be a beautiful companion :D

Nymeria at 2 yrs

Playing

Playing with Godrik

Godrik at 1 1/2 yrs Wolfdog 85% wolf 15% Akitia my heart dog RIP baby

New boyfriend for Nymeria ... Rhaegar akitia/Pit cross 2 yrs

:heart:

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Now you just need a Grey Wind, Summer, Shaggydog, Lady, Ghost, Viscerion, and Drogon. :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I never knew u could own a Wolf
We had many wolf-hybrids while growing up. They are not for the light heart! They are strong willed and independent minded animals. Much like a wild wolf. Much like a parrot for that matter. Hard to train, and very strong willed, physically strong and independent thinkers. lol.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I never knew u could own a Wolf
They are wolfdogs ...a cross between a wolf and a dog ...some states wont let you own them luckily I live in Canada ....:)

They are very much like a parrot ...they are the smartest k-9 I have ever had the pleasure of living with ...they are very forward thinking and are thinking all the time ....you have to be careful how you raise them ...Nymeria was abused I believe for the first yr of her life which has made her a very shy animal ....Godrik was raised properly socialized from the time he was 10 weeks ...he was a beautiful wolfdog with a beautiful temperament ....I took special care to make sure he was well socialized with all sorts of people ,things and animals ...when he passed he was 27 inches at the shoulder and 110lbs at 1yr and 10 months ...he was a huge wolfdog and everybody in my town loved him ....Nymeria at 3 1/2 yrs is 25 1/2 inches at the shoulder and 95 lbs so she is pretty big herself ...but like I said she is more shy so socialization has been slow with her ...but now she is an adult she has been coming into her own so maybe this summer it will go better :)

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
They are beautiful!
Someday I hope to own a Savannah cat, which is a hybrid cross between a serval and a domestic cat. Unfortunately my state only allows F4s or later. (Meaning four generations from being a serval) someday maybe.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Beautiful dogs!

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
where in Canada do you live? as I know some places here you cant have them as pets.

they are very pretty dogs you have

Valentino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Teri
They are beautiful!
Someday I hope to own a Savannah cat, which is a hybrid cross between a serval and a domestic cat. Unfortunately my state only allows F4s or later. (Meaning four generations from being a serval) someday maybe.
I would think a Savannah cat would be much more difficult to live with than something like a wolfdog. Serval's are solitary animals aren't they? At least with a wolf you can still appeal to their pack mentality...

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
where in Canada do you live? as I know some places here you cant have them as pets.

they are very pretty dogs you have
Yes there are allot of places in Canada that wont allow wolfdogs but Im lucky where I live ...yes they are beautiful :heart:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Not that I think a wolfdog is easy to live with btw :smuggrin:
As long as you know what your getting into and research your but off ...get a pup young and socialize the hell out of it ....train every chance you get ...treat them as an equal as a companion not a pet ...you will have a great dog ...they are so smart ...but not for everyone :D

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I would think a Savannah cat would be much more difficult to live with than something like a wolfdog. Serval's are solitary animals aren't they? At least with a wolf you can still appeal to their pack mentality...
Savannah cats (depending on the generation away from a serval) bond with humans. An F1 or F2 will likely bond with just one or two people, and they don't like change very much. F3s and beyond that usually bond with the whole family, and are more able to accept change. Savannah cats can be hard to live with, yes, however it just takes your willingness to care for one. They are very high energy for starters, and require lots and lots of stimulation and entertaining. Savannah owners often say that they are "domestic cats on steroids" mostly in the fact of their heightened senses and abilities. They often can jump up to 8 ft high and can smell chicken through a sealed fridge. The higher generations (F1, F2) may not be lap cats, but they still bond.Sorry for the long respond, I wanted to explain. :)

BatmansWife

Meeting neighbors
Beautiful dogs! I've always wanted a wolf as a pet when I was little...so magical!! How are they with your birds? Just brought my CAG home and any sound he makes my dog looses it and starts crying and barking. She is an 8 year old hound mix and a really amazing dog...she just seems very confused by the bird situation!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:heart:I've trained German Shepherds a male & female thought they were big your guys are even bigger.
Saw a wolf or wolf mix running alone near ventura blvd in Encino. He ran right past me & across the blvd & disappeared.
It happened so fast. I saw him running besides me a lighter fur with light eyes & then he just disappeared. His look was mezmorizing. I wish I had a leash & collar & could have taken him home. Never forgot him & never was so moved by a animal. I know I must have really seen him but it was odd like a dream. I guess he was someone dog.I hope he got home safe as crossing a busy 4 lane blvd was not safe.

Looked up wolves in Hollywood hills & they found one last mo & 3 years ago

Model/Animal Activist Joanna Krupa Helps Save Wolf Hybrid In Hollywood Hills

I saw mine over 10 years ago but not sure if it was same area but looked similar.

:heart: They caught both of them & they are in a wild life sanctuary & think they could have been mates

Last edited:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Yeah they look real wolfie when they lower their head between their front shoulders and look straight at you through lowered eyes ....very cool and very scary at the same time ..I have to remind myself that these are my loving companions when they do it in the middle of the night and Im looking for them in the back yard and they sneak up on me and I look down and there they are looking at me like they are sizing me up with that stare ...I would be worried if they werent wagging their tail at the same time ...They are a very funny dog ...:heart:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Here on Vancouver Island, there are lots of people who have wolfdogs...we met one fellow, his male was so huge, and was only 10 months old.
The fellow explained how to tell immediately if you're looking at a dog that is very close to purebred wolf - the upper teeth (no idea what the correct name of those teeth are?) & how they curve very sharply, to rip apart flesh easily...a totally different shape than domestic dogs.
Beautiful animals! Absolutely love them.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
We had a wolf/GS cross growing up! He was the best dog ever!!! They are beautiful majestic creatures!!