• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My standard rex Dexter <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
Ive had Dexter for just about a year now and the past few nights he has been kind of...fussy?
I feed him and give him fresh water every night before i go to bed but lately hes been thumping his foot so ill go give him a back rub, check his food and water, cuddle him, play with him, and remove the cats from the room (they like to bother him) and he will STILL thump his foot.
He has lots of toys and hes always around people, he would rather come out of the cage on his own rather than me picking him up ( he was abused before) so he will come out and play for 30 minutes and go back in and when im in my room i always leave the door open so he can come out and he usually will but i dunno why he keeps thumping his foot

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I just saw this I do not know I hope someone else can answer I am glad you are enjoying Dexter's company

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am going to say that you should keep the cats away from him at all times....you s ay "they like to bother him"- well that is NOT good..not at all.

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
Well hes good with my older cat but our other cat that is here once in a while is like 1 1/2 and she likes to lay by the cage or sit on my bed and watch him and he will thump so ill remove her from the room. She never harms him in any way. He did this for 2 or 3 nights in a row but the past 2 nights hes been pretty quiet only noise has been from him tossing his toys around and he chatters a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.