• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My SproutsPeople box is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I've been waiting and waiting for it!:D

The brown mat is non toxic soil less growing medium for growing grasses indoors.....i didn't buy any lol

The kat grass i talked Jack into planting for me tomorrow....I don't want soil under my fingernails!:p

sprout1.JPG sprout2.JPG sprout3.JPG sprout4.JPG sprout5.JPG sprout6.JPG sprout7.JPG

the kelp is organic fertilizer....for kat grass and the grasses i didn't buy LOL
I think I'm going to call these folks for a long conversation on how to what to when to :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wow!!! I am growing some grasses too :D Can't wait to see how yours turn out!!! Interesting fertilizer :)
i didn't buy any grasses.....what seeds are considered grasses?:huh:
Are there any grasses in my purchase?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

i didn't buy any grasses.....what seeds are considered grasses?:huh:
Are there any grasses in my purchase?
Oh... I thought the Kat Grass was grass? Isn't that what the growing medium is for too? I like to grow my wheat and barley seeds into grass. It makes a nice and fresh treat for the budgies in particular :)

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Looks awesome! I really wanted to order their bird mixes from them, but $30 shipping for a 1lb bag was too rich for my blood!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Oh... I thought the Kat Grass was grass? Isn't that what the growing medium is for too? I like to grow my wheat and barley seeds into grass. It makes a nice and fresh treat for the budgies in particular :)
oh!
and *i* thought cat grass is only for cats!LOL
Anyway it's going into real potting soil or garden soil outdoors.
But i will grow some of it on that baby blanket medium indoors for the birds then.

What's in your grass, Coco?:)

i really must read up on their very informative website and learn more!:)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Looks awesome! I really wanted to order their bird mixes from them, but $30 shipping for a 1lb bag was too rich for my blood!
that's steep, yikes!:eek:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

oh!
and *i* thought cat grass is only for cats!LOL
Anyway it's going into real potting soil or garden soil outdoors.
But i will grow some of it on that baby blanket medium indoors for the birds then.

What's in your grass, Coco?:)

i really must read up on their very informative website and learn more!:)
Oh, I'm not sure if that Kat Grass in particular is bird safe... what's it made of? But I have seen organic cat grass before that was simply wheatgrass which my guys love!! My grass is just growing medium (usually organic coir or something) and some organic barley seeds and/or organic wheatgrass seeds :) I let it grow a few inches and then either snip some for the budgies or just stick the plant in their cage. They go CRAZY for it and loooove chewing on the grass. The wheatgrass in particular is very sweet and delicious smelling. :)

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road

Oh, I'm not sure if that Kat Grass in particular is bird safe... what's it made of? But I have seen organic cat grass before that was simply wheatgrass which my guys love!! My grass is just growing medium (usually organic coir or something) and some organic barley seeds and/or organic wheatgrass seeds :) I let it grow a few inches and then either snip some for the budgies or just stick the plant in their cage. They go CRAZY for it and loooove chewing on the grass. The wheatgrass in particular is very sweet and delicious smelling. :)
Yes I thought most people grew Cat Grass indoors for their indoor kitties:huh: I'd assume this is the case for the extra supplies she got. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.