• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video My special twins

Boojagirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tonia
I posted this video last week of one of my twins Atticus, his twin Thor was acting the same way.

This is them now, they are getting better but still....special....the grey one Cosmo is fine.

Boojagirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tonia
They still don't have the muscle strength to sit on your finger like the grey one Cosmo but are getting there.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What did the vet say?

Boojagirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tonia
I don't have the money or transportation this month

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there anyone who could help you out or is it possible that you could make payments to a vet. Even though they have shown some improvement it would be good to get them checked.

Boojagirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tonia
I changed the parents diet to include more nutrients.

Boojagirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tonia
I won't be breeding anymore, 6 is enough.

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
They really should go to a vet, sometimes bird's seem to get better and then drop dead. I've seen it many times before... at least call.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This is disturbing.

I'm glad you are not breeding anymore, but now that you have bred them, you have a moral responsibility to provide adequate care to your birds to avoid suffering. They need to go to a vet. You have likely already caused long term damage by not doing it sooner. The least you can do to avoid any further progression or suffering is get them to a vet, or at least a bird rescue that can take over. If you cannot provide adequate medical, nutritional and environmental care to your animals, you should relinquish them to a bird rescue and own no more until you are able to do so.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor babies. I know no one would have bred them had they known this would happen, but Tonia is doing the right thing now by not breeding any more, improving their diets and trying to get them to a vet as soon as she is able. At least she is on here trying to get whatever help she can to care for her birds to the best of her ability. All we can do is keep learning and try do better. I do agree with @saroj12 that no one should breed without the proper resources, but it seems like Boojagirl has learned that lesson the hard way. :(

@Boojagirl I hope your babies continue to improve. Please let us know what the vet says when you are able to take them. I look forward to their updates. :)

I like the idea of seeing if the vet will allow you to make payments. My husband and I have an account with CareCredit just in case; you can use it for people of animals. I use it to pay my co-pays on it when I go for a checkup just to keep the account active. I feel better knowing it's there.

Boojagirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tonia
They are better, they still do the head thing but are in their own cage and can eat and drink on their own and fly around when I have them out.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was something even partially reversible!