• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
After reading the thread about the boa rescue, I figured I'd post my lovely scaly kids. I breed reptiles as a hobby and hope to add many species to the family in the future. For now, my focus is ball pythons, corn snakes, and eventually boas. Currently all my snakes are fed frozen/thawed rodents. I am in the process of building up breeding colonies of mice and rats so that I can be sure the rodents are well cared for and humanely euthanized. I'm hoping for 2 ball python clutches this season, and 1 corn snake clutch.

First up: My female ball pythons

Akina - 2005 Female Normal (breeding this season)

Shane - 2006 Female Normal

Sadis - 2007 Female Normal (breeding this season)

Juji - 2007 Female Pinstripe

Next: My male ball pythons

Auxy - 2007 Male Spider

Thriller - 2007 Male Pastel

Xefaud - 2007 100% Heterozygous for Piebald Male

Ross - Unknown age, rescue male normal (the scar on his back was caused by him escaping his tank with his previous owner. The lid would scrape the scales off his back every time. He is 100x better than he was when he came in.)

Last edited:

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Zim - 2006 Female Snow Corn Snake (hopefully gravid)

Sram - Unknown age Male Normal Corn Snake (bred to Zim)

Isis - 2008 Female Columbian Red Tail Boa (she had feeding issues for the longest time and is now eating on a weekly basis. She should be up to size in no time!)

And last, but certainly not least. My friend rescued two snakes a few weeks ago. A ball python and a corn snake were living in the same cage for 5 years! And their heat source was a HEAT ROCK! Well my friend could not keep them at her house so until she gets her own place, they are staying with me. When they arrived I ceremoniously THREW THE HEAT ROCK IN THE TRASH WHERE IT BELONGS! The ball python is named Nyoka and when she came in she had a bacterial infection under her belly scales and had stuck shed and stuck eye caps. Since being here with Clarke Reptiles, she has been downing rats like no tomorrow and the worst eye (3 or more layers of stuck eye cap, thought she might be blind in that eye) has shed it's eye caps and is completely fine. She has vision! We are still waiting for the other eye cap to come off but other than that she is doing great. Bacterial infection is clearing up too.

Nyoka - 2005 Normal Female (this was a picture from my cell phone. You can see the worst eye in this picture)

Cornelia (not official name) - 2005 Normal Female Corn Snake. She came in with no health issues. Just some stuck shed. She has been pounding large mice and is now going through her first shed cycle with us. We couldn't be happier. And Nyoka and Cornelia's mom couldn't be happier too. She loves these girls.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I know nothing about snakes and have only touched a few over the years that were owned by people I knew. Yours are magnificent! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Thank you! :laughing12:

I fell in love with reptiles at a young age. I got Zim, my corn snake in 2006 and she was my "first" reptile that was mine. All other reptiles I had ever been in contact with belonged to other people. So, since 2006, my scaly family has grown that much! And I'm expecting a corn snake clutch soon, so hopefully I will have many squiggly little baby snakes in a few months. Pictures to come when those arrive.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I also know nothing about snakes :) I was surprised that the same species comes in so many different color variations. They are beautiful

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
They are all beautiful.. I'd love to have a snake one day, but I'm not sure I'd ever be able to feed them mice (even if they are already dead :o:)

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Hahahaha. You have no idea! Ball pythons come in soooooo many different colors. That is just a small sample of SOME of the least expensive morphs out there. If you visit newenglandreptile.com and scroll down till you see Sneak Peek, you can view another HANDFULL of examples. There are far more combinations to be seen. I can't wait to add a few more morphs and begin breeding those as well. I also want to add a few more species. I'd like to work with Kenyan sand boas, Green tree pythons, Dumeril Boas, and a few types of geckos.

Thanks for all the comments!

I wasn't sure I'd be able to feed them mice or rats either but once I understood that snakes deserve to eat too, I was able to get a snake and begin feeding with no issues. I still thank every single mouse and rat for its life.

Last edited:

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Dumerils! One day I will have one. :)

Lovely snakes, thank you for sharing the pictures.

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
I fell in love with Dumerils the moment I handled a very calm adult female. Ever since I've been wanting to add one to the family. Not this year but maybe next year I will. That is when I will be focusing on getting some boas anyway. :)

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Gorgeous snakes. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I personally am not a snake person at all but can still enjoy thier beauty on my computer screen and only my computer screen. They give me the creeps in the stores even.:o:

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Oh they are so pretty! :clap: If the didn't get so big, I would deffinitly want a pet snake! (If my mother would ever let me have one, that is. . .)

So very very beautiful!

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Actually many of the snakes I have are quite small. I'll take some pictures of me holding the snakes to give you an idea of their size. Ball pythons only get to 3'-5'. Corns are about the same. My adult female is about 4'. There are even snakes that stay smaller!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great looking snakes :) Dumerils are one of my absolute favorites. I hope you get one and can share pics :laughing12: They sure are gorgeous.

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Is it bad that I'm going down to Florida for a reptile show in August? I might be bad and bring one home. :laughing12:

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Nice snakes! I also have corns and bp's. I guess you're going to Daytona then? Have fun and come back and post pics of the show!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
It seems there are many people with "ball" pythons, do they call them that because they are in a ball all the time? Sorry to seem dunce, but I know nothing about snakes, but I always see ball pythons for rehoming on CL

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, they are so beautiful!:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue