• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My Quaker is pooping yellow :(

Doggies mom

Moving in
Hi guys.

Since yesterday my male 4 month old Quaker had pooped yellow. At the beginning it was splatter of yellow but as the day went on he would poop better but still has yellow around it. (Please see picture) his vet told me when I texted him to keep him on a all pallet diet for 24 hours. He can’t chew o pallets as of yet but I mash his pallets with water then hand feed him.

Before he started to poop yellow he did vomit. It was a green mush because he’s in a pallet diet with spinach kale and banana.

When he vomited he seemed very slow and puffed. But towards the evening he started being active again. As well as this morning now.

Vet is closed today. :( and he barley touches his water.

What could be the causes is he keeps bitting on a lot of metal jewelers, and had accidentally eaten some coconut oil. (Probably 4 licks) after the coconut oil he’s been pooping wrong.

What do you guys suspect?

His daily treats include pistachios, rice and seeds 430597C0-30D0-4618-857D-D5C132DE9B13.jpeg

Last edited:

Doggies mom

Moving in
He’s also molting so he’s been pretty stressed out and agitated.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What kind of pellets is eating? What do you mean he’s biting jewelers? I would keep him away from any questionable metal that might be toxic. I’m glad he’s active now. I would take him to the vet tomorrow. I hope your little bird will be okay!

Doggies mom

Moving in
What kind of pellets is eating? What do you mean he’s biting jewelers? I would keep him away from any questionable metal that might be toxic. I’m glad he’s active now. I would take him to the vet tomorrow. I hope your little bird will be okay!
Sorry that is a miss spelling. I mean jewelery. He’s eating the TROPICAN brand pallet for young parrots.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope that your Quaker will be OK? Is he fully weaned or still being handfed? If you are concerned about his health then the best thing to do is take him to the vet. It's good that he is more active. He may have had an upset stomach but watch for any other signs such as sitting fluffed, vomiting more, lethargy, etc. Agree with @Tiel Feathers that it's not good to let him bite jewelry. Certain metals can be toxic to our bird friends. Are you monitoring his weight?