• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my pond

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Our pond had a pebble beach. Sadly the stone disappeared over the years, now I have a shallow area for bog type plants. Its pretty too, but I miss the bird baths. :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: That's gorgeous!!! :heart:

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Wow, it is gorgeous! My mom has a pond that looks just like that, wow so strange how similar they are! You two must have the same green thumb. Not me unfortunately.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful. A darn heron ate all but 6 of 22 fish a few years back. The last six hid for weeks. I was so dejected when I thought it got them all. We put only three more in and a couple cat fish. One cat fish lived. He is now HUGE. I give up. Whatever is in there is enough. Oh, and the pond guy put in some mosquito fish. Some manage to live even though snakes are around the pond.

lolajenday

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
That stinks. That happened to me the first year I had my pond. The blue haron got all my fish. I was so upset. This year I bought a scarecrow. It sprays water when something gets close to the pond. It works great.
Beautiful. A darn heron ate all but 6 of 22 fish a few years back. The last six hid for weeks. I was so dejected when I thought it got them all. We put only three more in and a couple cat fish. One cat fish lived. He is now HUGE. I give up. Whatever is in there is enough. Oh, and the pond guy put in some mosquito fish. Some manage to live even though snakes are around the pond.