• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My pigeons are laying eggs

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
I've never had any of my birds lay eggs and one day here's Henry sitting on 4! Now here I thought I had 4 males and one female but then there were 2 cubbies with eggs! How can I make sure the eggs are ok? How long till they hatch?

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
They take about 18 days to hatch. I swap out my eggs with fake eggs for my pet pigeons to sit on. Otherwise I would have hundreds of pigeons by now :hehe:

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
They take about 18 days to hatch. I swap out my eggs with fake eggs for my pet pigeons to sit on. Otherwise I would have hundreds of pigeons by now :hehe:[/QUOTE

What do you do with them when you switch them

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
My eggs have like a spiral design on them if I shine a light on them

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My eggs have like a spiral design on them if I shine a light on them
That's the design as they pass through the reproductive canal..as long as theyre firm and well formed, no worries..but, do increase calcium, and/ or calcium rich food

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
That's the design as they pass through the reproductive canal..as long as theyre firm and well formed, no worries..but, do increase calcium, and/ or calcium rich food

Thank you Brisbane! Any suggestions on food or can I mix the powder maybe in their water? I dip my house sparrows meal worms in the powder before she gets them

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If you have calcium powder you can mix it in the food and water,,will they eat scrambled eggs? My pidge loves them, I toss crushed cuttlebone in them before serving them..she also eats the shaved cuttlebone,,,and,,all my birds get liquid calcium for the water.

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
I've only given them boiled eggs, bell peppers, carrots and broccoli

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
OMG I am finally a grandma! Two couples with a total of 5 babies! But the couple with 3 babies is confusing?

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
Two of the babies are really big but the third one fits in the cuff of my hand KINDLE_CAMERA_1527869641000.jpg