• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Photographs

Lizzy Banner

Meeting neighbors
As always thank you so much, everyone! ^_^

I have decided to post a photograph series of a storm rolling in. This was back in September. I have posted a few of the photos in my previous posts but I decided I want to post it in full. It was such an amazing sight and I am so happy I had the opportunity to photograph it's progression! Every time I thought I was done I found something interesting to take a photograph of!

It started out as an enormous wall of cloud that was outlined with a white line. I will admit seeing dark clouds and seeing a storm rolling in gets me excited and happy. I mean as long as it's not going to be dangerous. of course. haha I'd LOVE to chase a storm if I can get photographs without getting my lenses soaked. haha

It really caught me eye because the birds were flying out from the woods. Not in such large droves, the sky was covered or anything but there was quite a few flying away. So I kept an eye out to make sure I wouldn't get caught in a bad situation. Nothing ever happened though until it was dark and it wasn't at my house. Off in the distance.

My first storm chase was the best thing ever!

September Storm 1.png September Storm 2.png September Storm 3.png September Storm 4.png September Storm 5.png September Storm 6.png September Storm 7.png September Storm 8.png.jpg September Storm 9.png.jpg September Storm 10.png September Storm 11.png September Storm 12.png September Storm 13.png September Storm 14.png September Storm 15.png September Storm 16.png September Storm 17.png

For the last 5 photographs, dad drove me down on top of a hill so I could get a better shot. :)

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Very nice, I like the progression!:dance4:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I got great lighting shots by blocking myself into the garage back door at night and setting my old Canon Digital Rebel XT to a long exposure at night hand held in a pillow as I still don't have a tripod. The lightning was so fast that it came out sharp and clear even on a long shutter speed. If you have a good tripod and fast lens it would be easier.