• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Photographs

Lizzy Banner

Meeting neighbors
Photography is something I absolutely love to do. Nature photography is what I'm all about. I'm a hobbyist and amateur. It's very therapeutic and fun not knowing what I could capture a photograph of when I walk in the woods. I use a Canon Powershot SX530 HS. Haven't felt well enough to do any in-depth reading so been using autofocus and the zoom function since I've had it. When I feel well enough that I will be able to remember what I read I will read the tips and tricks section of the forum. Thanks so much for posting that by the way! The one I used before Canon was a Kodak camera.

I will post ten photographs at a time if that's okay. If it's too much to post at once or taking up too much bandwidth let me know or remove the photographs.

If anyone has any tips or critique on how I can improve my photographs please let me know! I'd love to improve!

I'm Watching You.png King of The Birds.png Many Paths.png Photogenic.png All That Is Gold IV.png Yellow Beauties.png Glittering Gold.jpg Poofball to the Left.png Lunch Date.png Time To Rise.png

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Lovely photos!!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Awesome photos! Is your cat a Maine Coon? My Bailey was an MC cross and looked very similar.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are all wonderful pictures!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful pics :xflove:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Excellent photos.

Lizzy Banner

Meeting neighbors
Thank you! How many times have I said that? haha But seriously thanks. ^_^ I hope to one day maybe make a little money off this and the responses I'm getting on here and offline are so encouraging! I'd do it anyway with or without money because photography is so very therapeutic for me.

I am in Missouri. The majority of these are around my house. Luckily I live out in the country which gives me so much opportunity. I don't drive or I would be going everywhere I could!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I am in Missouri. The majority of these are around my house.
You live in a perfect area if you where able to take all that pics without driving. :)
And I also live in the country. I have the forest near but also the beach and a beautiful lake near too. Sweden is so small so almost everything is near. :D

Lizzy Banner

Meeting neighbors
Yes! There's miles of woods around my house! I love it out here in the country. ^_^ I have a couple ponds but not a beach. A beach isn't too far, though! You sound like you live in a nice area for photographs too. :) What kinds of birds are around your area?

I have goals I'd like to get as photographs. A nice big thunderhead is one and my number one is lightning! Need to learn how to adjust my camera settings, though. Oh boy, would I LOVE to get a photograph of lightning! I've got a crow but am working up to getting a nice close-up. Also really want one of a gull! Got my eagle but am always willing to go for more.

If I'm not taking photographs of birds I'm taking photographs of the sky. The sky is just as fun as birds. I stick trees or something in most sky photographs because I feel there needs to be a focal point or the photograph is all over the place. If I'm not doing that then it's to plant and flowers and things that I find unusual or something I can make interesting. Doing the last part is always a fun challenge for me.

@Aubrey HEY fellow Missourian! :) Thanks! I'm in the northeast part of Missouri. Nice to meet someone close! :)

These pics I have taken within the last couple weeks. The first 3 and number 5 I was at my aunt's house looking for something fun so she found a piece of wood that had a hole in it. Tried to get an interesting angle with the sun shinning through it. Then of course getting sunset photographs is a MUST for me. The colors are so pretty! Sadly not an early riser so I only have one set of photographs for a sunrise. haha

The others I took today. I'm always looking out my window for something interesting or pretty in the sky to take a photograph of.

1There's a Will.png 2Farm Sunset.png 3Cloud Sunset.png 4Sky Highway.png 5Endless wait.png 6Done and Done.png 7I See Fire.png 8Gold Skies.png 9Smoke and Fire.jpg

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Your photos are stunning!!! Wow! :)