1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My parrot won't play with toys.

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by JLcribber, 10/10/18.

1. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Eloy, Sarahmoluccan, Dona and 7 others like this.
  2. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Sadie
    That was a very good read. Thank you.

JLcribber likes this.
  3. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

Another good article, thank you for sharing :)

JLcribber likes this.
  4. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Good read, thanks. And I had to laugh because I have bought a toy very similar to the one in the picture. I won't do that again.... :)

5. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award SuperHero I Can't Stop Posting!

Sarah
    Great article John! Thankyou for sharing :)

Echo will play but is a rather slow chewer and sometimes I find myself frustrated with that. I'm always sad when I walk into the birdroom and see no evidence of him playing. Which happens more often than I'd like. I'm so happy when I find a mess :smuggrin:Lately thou I have heard him playing or at least banging one of his toys around. Now give him more variety of woods, which means more softer woods like cork and basal, thou I still often him basswood and pine. He also likes grooves and embedded beads in his wood. While I'd still like to see him destroy toys faster giving him more of a variety to pick from has helped. So if you have a slow chewer like me, I highly recommend giving softer woods a try :) I think too often we label this type of wood is just for smaller birds, when bigger birds might enjoy it too. Just my two cents :2cents: :)

JLcribber and Brittany0208 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)