• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My overall overview of Avian Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
I've always wanted to be a twin and have a sister. Leslie, are you my long lost twin sister, lol?

:lol: I always thought that too but didn't say anything. Funny!!! They say everyone has a twin/clone out there in the world - dopplegangers?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
It doesn't feel like AA will be only three months old in a couple of days.
No it really doesn't. And look how many members we have for only 3 months!!:dance4:

Perhaps its because many of us have "known" eachother for years, so it doesn't feel like a fabulous board like this has been only around for 3 months...lol

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Am I the only one who thinks that Brigid and Leslie are twins?
ML
Now that you mention it. Kinda scary!!! :D

You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
-- Sam Levenson
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.
-- W. H. Auden

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
There's no better aviculture forum on the web past or present, and it will keep on improving. This is just the beginning... :cool10:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Visiting a board was very new and strange to a great grandmother like me, when I visited the perch. I was put in touch by another friend who was a member to contact Bonnie, as Leroy by that time was so poorly and our Avian Vet was missing something.
It opened a new door for me in my retirement and have to say it is keeping the old grey cells ticking and me younger!
As far as I am concerned Leroy would not be with us now if it was not for the help and kindness I had from Bonnie and Billiefaye. They got her well between them.
When the Perch problems surfaced to us lowly members, the bottom fell out of my world when I thought it was gone forever.
Then the Avenue took its place and I realised all my good friends were still there. Do not want to go through those last few days ever again!
Long may the Avenue thrive and flourish so that Ann can get her daily fix!:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am a member of two forums that I visit regularly...and a few smaller ones not so much but I rarely have time for them anymore...I just am so darned addicted to this place and to all of you...this is the best one out there by far...

cacatua alba

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
gudrun
If it had not been for John I would not have found this board. I do not post much but follow and read as much as I can and my time allows. Having a U2 and RFM and horses keeps me busy. I am so impressed by all of you, your desire to better the life of birds and especially the rescue angels. Now - how to spread the word about AA? Yes - I have joined it on FB. But there has to be a way to increase the visibility. John! any ideas??:hug8:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I've done a lot of "forum posting" at other places and its very techincal and impersonal. Other places have the heirarchy and those beneath others are completely disregarded. AA is one of the first boards I've been on that doesn't have either of these things going on. If I have a question, it is answered and great advice is given, no attacking. Its quickly become an addiction to be some place where there isn't as much negative as there is in my real life, its a huge stress break for me to talk about something I love with people who share my passion!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Am I the only one who thinks that Brigid and Leslie are twins?
ML
:omg::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You are killing me! Always joking..cracks me up. You warned us though didnt you when you joined.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

In all honesty though..AA is a great forum. I enjoy chatting with several of you off AA, on AA, and you guys are all great! Good Job Jill, and thanks to all the Mods.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
AA is going to be here for a long LONG time! We already have 841 wonderful members, and new ones joining everyday. This is just the best Avian board around.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I have to give a thumbs up for AA too! Y'all are great. I love the humor, the pics, the advice, the empathy among members, the civility of discussions, however controversial. I love the games (though no one will play my babble game:() and the photo contests (hope to win one before I croak), the stories, the Secret Santas, the candles, the book club and fitness group, the triumphs and tragedies, and the connectedness that we bird-lovers share.
It's just a great place to hang out!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Crystal ":omg::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You are killing me! Always joking..cracks me up. You warned us though didnt you when you joined.:rofl::rofl::rofl:"

I'm an immigrant from "the other place". Think I joined it in about 2006 and tried to sneak in here under the radar.

Yes, AA is a good place to be. One of the reasons (one of many) that the other place collapsed, is because there were those who took themselves and their opinions a bunch too seriously.
ML

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Crystal ":omg::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You are killing me! Always joking..cracks me up. You warned us though didnt you when you joined.:rofl::rofl::rofl:"

I'm an immigrant from "the other place". Think I joined it in about 2006 and tried to sneak in here under the radar.

Yes, AA is a good place to be. One of the reasons (one of many) that the other place collapsed, is because there were those who took themselves and their opinions a bunch too seriously.
ML
As you can probably tell..I am also not serious very often. This is also supposed to be FUN! hahahah. I do enough serious bird stuff at home with people. It is nice to just be able to relax and joke with bird people who have similar funny stories and can relate.

birdman78

Real Name
John
I just have to say I LOVE AA(Avian Avenue)!

I have compared it to the "other" place where most of us originated from, The Perch. And I have to just say, I don't feel any stress or tension or little to none, while on this board. I know we sometimes have heated topics, but we pull through in a friendly manner, and in the end, it was a very productive conversation/topic anyhow. Much was/is learned. I have to just say I LOVE this forum and hope, even if TP comes back, that this forum still exists.:heart::hug8:

I feel we are able to talk more, and that this forum/website is a LOT more friendlier than TP.

Thank You AA for being here:hug8:
:heart:
Mercedez
I agree. You all have helped me out SO much throu this deployment being away from Kim, Noel, and TJ. From all the questions I had to just listening to my little rants. Thank you all.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
you know I didn't feel the perch was a bad place at all, when all the drama started I was on vacation so I have no idea what actually happened or why. But I did notice after I came back that the board wasn't the same without all my cool friends gone so I naturally migrated over and haven't looked back since!!

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Avian Avenue does ROCK! It's such a friendly forum with a wealth of information ~ Wouldn't have known about it if not for Saroj ~ So thank you Saroj!

Status
Not open for further replies.