• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My overall overview of Avian Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I just have to say I LOVE AA(Avian Avenue)!

I have compared it to the "other" place where most of us originated from, The Perch. And I have to just say, I don't feel any stress or tension or little to none, while on this board. I know we sometimes have heated topics, but we pull through in a friendly manner, and in the end, it was a very productive conversation/topic anyhow. Much was/is learned. I have to just say I LOVE this forum and hope, even if TP comes back, that this forum still exists.:heart::hug8:

I feel we are able to talk more, and that this forum/website is a LOT more friendlier than TP.

Thank You AA for being here:hug8:
:heart:
Mercedez

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
^^ what did you expect from a group packed full of awesome people?? *grins*

*group hug*

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory

I have compared it to the "other" place where most of us originated from, The Perch. And I have to just say, I don't feel any stress or tension or little to none, while on this bored. I know we sometimes have heated topics, but we pull through in a friendly manner, and in the end, it was a very productive conversation/topic anyhow. Much was/is learned. I have to just say I LOVE this forum and hope, even if TP comes back, that this forum still exists.:heart::hug8:

I feel we are able to talk more, and that this forum/website is a LOT more friendlier than TP.

Mercedez
I've never been on The Perch, but I agree that this is a VERY friendly forum! I feel totally at ease here. :) I've never stayed on any other forums for very long but I will here. :) I'm happy I've met all of you fantastic people!

:hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
:dance5::dance4::dance4: This is the best board out there IMO.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
I have to agree!
I've never stayed on a forum very long due to all the bickering and whatnot. This place is so good and such a wealth of knowledge amongst its members that I'd be fool to leave!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im someone who is typically a member of SEVERAL bird forums, etc, but since AA, I have to admit, I have little to no time anywhere else:D

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I'm a member of only two forums that i visit regularly. I still visit the other one a little more as i've been there longer, but every day i find myself coming here more and more! :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

I have compared it to the "other" place where most of us originated from, The Perch. And I have to just say, I don't feel any stress or tension or little to none, while on this bored. I know we sometimes have heated topics, but we pull through in a friendly manner, and in the end, it was a very productive conversation/topic anyhow. Much was/is learned. I have to just say I LOVE this forum and hope, even if TP comes back, that this forum still exists.:heart::hug8:

Mercedez
I agree Mercedez and it is the wonderful members and our awesome board owner, Jill that has given our board the philosophy on which to live by. Our staff is awesome and we all get along great. Trust me..this board isn't going anywhere even if the "said board" rises up from the ashes.

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
Well Mercedez, where ever you and John and the other of knowledgeable people who give so unselfishly of your time and experience go; I will follow.

Cockatoos should not be kept in captivity. But they are here, and I need to help mine thrive.

If there was more knowledge available out there. We wouldn't have so many misinformed owners.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Im someone who is typically a member of SEVERAL bird forums, etc, but since AA, I have to admit, I have little to no time anywhere else:D
Having spent lots of time in the past 15 or so years at various parrot chat forums, I also must comment that
AA appears to be a great group.

My time is often limited, so it's especially nice to drop in, hit the 'new posts' option and see what's new to read!

Thanks again to the various AA members who invited me. Kind of comfy here, LOL.

Doris

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Well Mercedez, where ever you and John and the other of knowledgeable people who give so unselfishly of your time and experience go; I will follow.

Aww thank you, there are many here who I'd follow as well, and you and ofcourse John and quite a few others, as we
ll:hug8:
Cockatoos should not be kept in captivity. But they are here, and I need to help mine thrive.

If there was more knowledge available out there. We wouldn't have so many misinformed owners.
Nicely said!

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I agree that this is the best board ever. There is no drama here, everything is kept in the open and there is no hidden agenda. We are able to speak freely and though we may not always agree with someone, we aren't condemned for having a different opinion. I love this neighborhood and all our neighbors. I have learned so much from all of you. What really brings tears to my eyes and love in my heart is the way everyone rallies behind members in need of support and help. No one hesitates to help, doesn't matter what state or country we live in, everyone wants to help. I'd be lost without this board, so thank you everyone, for creating it and keeping it going. I know it's a lot of hard work, but you all do a wonderful job. Love you guys!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Mercedez, I aggree 100%...what an awesome place we have here with wonderful caring and helpful members. I love that there is no drama...everyone feels comfortable and loves to come here to chat.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Awww Mercedez! I SO agree!

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
I have to agree - it's much nicer here. It just seems like there was this tension thing over there and a lot of it had started with having a store and board be one and the same somewhat - nobody could even talk about other merchants. I LOVE that we have so many merchants here!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Am I the only one who thinks that Brigid and Leslie are twins?
ML

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thank Mercedez, it's so nice having you feel this way. It is a lot of fun working hard keeping everyone happy and well informed and helping the the birds thrive. That was our hope right from the start. It doesn't feel like AA will be only three months old in a couple of days.

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I've always wanted to be a twin and have a sister. Leslie, are you my long lost twin sister, lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.