• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My other half ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
2 blacks in my yard...:D

Taz93

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Oh i thought it got really cold there during winter judging from the python hunters doco.
I would not like to get bitten by one of those (rattlers) lol it makes it hard when u have to be even more careful in ur backyard, it also means if u had kids they'd have to have extra supervision. I dont get anything in my yard other then the odd 1-2 blutounge lizard and garden skinks. Wish i had more to see :/

They are very nice looking snakes :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
There might be an occasional cold snap down south...things are certainly changing in the weather department around the globe as well... I have seen a rattler so long it was across the road and you couldn't see either end.:eek:

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
Wow i really didnt know they could get that big. Just think of the fangs, they must of been huge!! but that just makes them even more cool :cool:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Beautiful!!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
They say there is a new one{forget the name} that has been spotted there in the south, that is even bigger than the Burmese. The sad part is they are breeding so well in our climate and conditions, that they are eradicating native fauna. They just recently had an open hunt for them, but the amount that were caught was negligible. They must be pretty elusive....then of course it is not easy traversing the everglades. They did charge the couple in the case I mentioned above with third degree murder. And I stand corrected, the girl was the woman's child, the man in the case was her boyfriend. Very sad.
The reticulated python and anaconda are both huge snakes too. I think the retic gets bigger than a burmese. But burms grow super fast and very heavy. Anacondas take a while to grow but are nicely long snakes and verrrry heavy when adults.

Out of all three the burmese is probably the most dangerous. But they're great snakes. Just not meant to be pets.

Resee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kara
She is beautiful. I love snakes too. My teenagers both have their own snakes. My son has a 4 year old ball python that is super tame. I sneak her out of his room sometimes and play with her. I love the way she feels. My daughters is a lavender corn snake that was just born this year. She is a extremely beautiful little snake, and thanks to my daughter extremely gentle. She will actually come to meet you when you open her cage. If my daughter is home I can promise you that snake is somewhere on her lol. I don't like racks either. Both of ours have big cages that I had a blast decorating. They are actually really pretty additions to the kids room.

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
Geez i hope things get better there in the everglades, people just shouldnt keep things they cant manage.

Resee- I would love to see some photo's of ur 2 :)

Last edited:

FutureDVM

Real Name
Ken
Gorgeous snake! I've always been a reptile lover myself and I currently have 5 snakes (2 ball pythons, 2 corn snakes, and a garter snake). I'll have to round up some photos of them to share on here. A spotted python is one of the snakes I would love to own one day!

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
Looking forward to seeing ur snakies FutureDVM. Spotteds are awesome little pythons, fun to watch :)

Anyone else that would like to share photos of their reps please feel free to post them here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.