• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My new love interest!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, this summer we brought in one more pair of birdies, a bonded grey pair, Seymour and Chevey. Seymour is 19 and Chevey is 5 and they had been co-habitating for a while and bonded before we got them. So, now they share a cage in our home and the door is usually open because they are good and stay on their cage for the most part.

They have been a lot of fun and are a bit different than the other greys in the house. Seymour likes to be scritched and both of them will readily step up for me. Chevey is a little more on the sassy side and is more independent. She loves to dismantle toys and stuff. Seymour is sweet and a total gentleman and lets Chevey boss him around! He's also taken to me and over the last few weeks, I've found that he loves to give kisses! He puts his beak right up to my lips and I give him a little peck and he just seems to love it and of course I'm over the moon!

So, I thought I'd share my new romance with everyone!:)

Here are some pics of the two...I tried to get them together but those pictures didn't turn out as well as the single ones. They are constantly preening each other and feeding each other and it's too cute! Chevey doesn't seem to mind that Seymour loves me too! LOL!

Chevey giving me the stink eye!
IMG_1171.JPG

Seymour just hanging out and being the very good grey bird that he is!:) Love this guy!
IMG_1173.JPG

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Adorable! :heart:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What great photos! They look like real characters. Kisses! I love birdie kisses! :xflove:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Seymour is just my special little guy! Tuchis TAG will give me kisses but I have to be careful because sometimes he'll be a brat and bite!:) Clancy, Smokey, and Aspen are all hands off, no way no kissy! I love birdie kisses too!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're very cute! (And Elvis is the "king" of birdie kisses. LOL. Pun intended. ;))

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahwww I am so happy for you that you devolopped such a bond with him:heart: They are so cute! I love birdie kisses too, I can only imagine getting them from such a beautiful grey:heart: greys are really special birds I think:rolleyes:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Darwin doesn't give kisses but he accepts them willingly as I kiss him all over and name the body parts that I'm kissing (well, not ALL over, but beak, head, cheek and wing mostly, occasionally belly). He also makes kissing noises when I pay attention to the other birds (but not when I'm kissing him).

One time a song was on the radio that mentioned kiss ("Steal My Kisses" I think) and he made a kissing noise after they said it which was awesome that he picked up on it.

And if he's on my shoulder and wants a head rub he leans his beak into my cheek or right on my lips for me to rub his head. It's so sweet.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are beautiful :)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is so sweet! And really smart that he picked up what that Sons was about:heart: When I don’t pay enough attention to henkie while he is on my shoulder, he Will first push his beak into my cheek, And if I don’t obey he has a lot of other things to draw my attention too:lol:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
That is so sweet! And really smart that he picked up what that Sons was about:heart: When I don’t pay enough attention to henkie while he is on my shoulder, he Will first push his beak into my cheek, And if I don’t obey he has a lot of other things to draw my attention too:lol:

I was probably singing along so that may have helped! :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful greys.