• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new girl is here!

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
You've fallen in love with your captor. :xflove: Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.
Haha! I missed that part before. So true. :xflove:

Oh how adorable! :loveshower: Now we're all going to be in love with her, too! (She looks a bit like Groucho with her "moustache". Lol)

Oh and btw... You're a knockout! Bonus points for fantastic bone structure. :tup:
Dang! Thank you! *hides* :shy:

Agreed, first thing I wanted to do was paint your portrait Cara.
Eee! I've seen your artwork before and everything I saw was really really pretty. I'm a painter as well, and should maybe get around one day to showing my stuff on here. I never have because I don't do bird stuff, mostly only portraits, and figurative stuff, but now that I think about it, I'm actually doing a large painting featuring swans right now. Swans are birds! :laugh:

Congratulations!!! Beautiful pair you two :)
Thank you! :hug8:

That is a stunningly beautiful pic. Sounds like you have a ready made friend there. Names will come easy.
Yes, I actually have a long list of names and we're going to see what fits. Though my husband might win out on this one, as he has very strong feelings about her having an old fashioned girly name. We will see!

Awesome pic of you two! :)
Thank you! :hug8:

I can't wait to hear what name you pick for her... I'm still laughing at Karen's Stockholm syndrome reference @faislaq - SO funny! Yes, I am trapped today too, it's flytime, and I don't like to go in or out the door because you never know where the little dears will be when you come back in. Feeling like the 'death warmed over syndrome' here, cuz I think I've come down with a spring cold - ugh! Anyhow - Are you going to have a naming poll @orphansparrow ? :heart:
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Spring colds are the worst! Don't do it! :delete:

I don't think I will have a naming poll. I have too many on my list already and my husband will probably be the tie-breaker for this one. He's interestingly very invested in this little girl! He's messaged me 3 times already from work asking me about her. (Unlike him). =)

Something tells me she's going to come up with something so perfect it blows us all away. ;) Spoiler alert: probably not Bailey.
Ah! No pressure! I kind of want something cutesy, and possibly something Spanish...(I'm learning Spanish at the moment and I'm a little obsessed)...But my husband wants a really flowery old fashioned name. Maybe nobody will like it! Eh. But I think in the long run you associate the name with the darling little birdie, so in the long run it doesn't matter too much.

Amazing...yeah! :heart::heart::heart:
Thank you! We're excited for the road ahead! :D

I've wanted for so long to name a little girly bird "Jeannie" after I Dream of Jeannie. It's just such a cute name, and well, I can only dream since I can't pet her or be wooed by her. ;)
Jeannie is super cute :heart:

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
my husband might win out on this one, as he has very strong feelings about her having an old fashioned girly name.
Hortense! :laughing2: Dorcas? I shouldn't joke; what if he picks those? :shocked1:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
P.S. Dorcas. LOL! :rofl: Still lol'ing.
I read a teen novel when I was, um, a teen. Anyway, the mean lady in the story was Dorcas Clatterbuck. So flattering. Plus it was a name my sister and I used to call each other to avoid getting in trouble. :angelic:

EDIT: Come to think of it, we still do. :smuggrin:

Last edited:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:congratualtions: @orphansparrow -- looks like you did find your love match :heart: She is a cutie!

I read a teen novel when I was, um, a teen. Anyway, the mean lady in the story was Dorcas Clatterbuck. So flattering. Plus it was a name my sister and I used to call each other to avoid getting in trouble. :angelic:
Also, wow! what a name. I even googled it to see what book you read but couldnt find anything o_O

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Also, wow! what a name. I even googled it to see what book you read but couldn't find anything o_O
I racked my brain for a few more keywords & it was called "The Silvery Past". I wasn't entirely sure from the description, but I recognized the cover.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara

EDIT: Come to think of it, we still do. :smuggrin:
Dorcas Clatterbuck. LOL!

Really, that name makes SUCH a great alternative to other, less acceptable name calling insults. I can totally see that. "Shut up Dorcas Clatterbuck". :rofl:

That's funny, I knew a guy when I was just out of high school, who's last name was Clatterbuck, and everyone called him "Chatter butt".

I haven't heard that name since!

:congratualtions: @orphansparrow -- looks like you did find your love match :heart: She is a cutie!
Thank you! She's a sweetie pie!

I racked my brain for a few more keywords & it was called "The Silvery Past". I wasn't entirely sure from the description, but I recognized the cover.
Oh my god. The Silvery Past: It cried out hauntingly. I would've gotten my hands on that SO fast had I known of it's existence back then. I was a very...romantic minded kid. In a "It cried out hauntingly" kinda way. LOL!

P.S. What year was that by the way? It looks to be around my era.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I'm a painter as well, and should maybe get around one day to showing my stuff on here. I never have because I don't do bird stuff, mostly only portraits, and figurative stuff, but now that I think about it, I'm actually doing a large painting featuring swans right now. Swans are birds
Well my goodness! Please share! At least let us see the swans.

Portraits are way harder and more complex than what I do!

Show us soon or I’ll gather @Peachfaced , @WallyLoopey , and @WeasleyLover and we will all beg. OK.... let the new birb settle in, name her... THEN. Think about sharing! :D

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
The 80s hair!!!! :rofl::rofl:

I recently ran across a pic of myself around 1990 with my hair about like that ^^^ and said WHAT was I THINKING???

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
The 80s hair!!!! :rofl::rofl:

I recently ran across a pic of myself around 1990 with my hair about like that ^^^ and said WHAT was I THINKING???
NO!! It's awesome! I miss the early 90s so much! My favorite era! By the way, mine was all permed, and I had big bangs that I would curl one section up and the other section down, and hair spray. Oh god. I would take the "bad" hair again to have all the good other stuff.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
NO!! It's awesome! I miss the early 90s so much! My favorite era! By the way, mine was all permed, and I had big bangs that I would curl one section up and the other section down, and hair spray. Oh god. I would take the "bad" hair again to have all the good other stuff.
Well I am from the South and you know what we say.

BIG HAIR MAKES YOU CLOSER TO GOD.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Congratulations!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
welcome home new family member!!!! shes a cutie!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh how adorable! :loveshower: Now we're all going to be in love with her, too! (She looks a bit like Groucho with her "moustache". Lol)

Oh and btw... You're a knockout! Bonus points for fantastic bone structure. :tup:
Word of warning: my alpha gcc Beni loves preening hair but he has a tendency to turn hair he is preening into the equivalent of mini-dreadlocks ... Colleen, who does my hair, knows by now that if there are sections of my hair missing it wasn't from her last haircut but from Beni dreadlocking sections.

NB: He doesn't do it at the ends but in the middle or the top of my head ...