• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new girl is here!

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
You guys!!

My new girl has arrived! Bailey - the woman from the rescue - brought her over a couple hours ago!

OMG this might be the sugary sweetest little thing that ever lived. :heart:

I set up quarantine in a spare room, and had the idea to leave her alone while I sit quietly across the room doing homework, and figured that's how it would go for a few days.

But that is not happening!

I decided to leave her cage door open so she could have the choice to be on her play top.

About an hour after Bailey left, she started bobbing wildly at me from across the room so I went over and started talking softly to her. Well, she scooted over and started regurgitating!

I decided to ignore that and went back across the room to sit down. So she started bobbing at me again, and went over to her, and she hopped right on my finger.

She is now on my shoulder on one leg grinding her beak.

So I'd say we're off to a pretty good start. :xflove:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How funny! I just got overly excited about another post that "Mango is home!" and was disappointed it wasn't yours, @orphansparrow. :arghh: I still had "Mango" in my head as the name for your pending bird because of your other thread, Missy. ;)

So I'm reading through the New Posts and see one that really is yours and I'm excited all over again!! :dance5:

Welcome Bailey! :party:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
How funny! I just got overly excited about another post that "Mango is home!" and was disappointed it wasn't yours, @orphansparrow. :arghh: I still had "Mango" in my head as the name for your pending bird because of your other thread, Missy. ;)

So I'm reading through the New Posts and see one that really is yours and I'm excited all over again!! :dance5:

Welcome Bailey! :party:

I think the woman's name was Bailey. :rofl: Not sure the new birdie's name! ????

Congrats! Pix and name, please! :D

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Awwwwwwww

You should know better by now. Always bring a camera or phone with you in to the bird room. Now you're stuck for goodness knows how long! :lol:

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Thank you everyone!! And you guys are right - Bailey is the name of the woman from the rescue. Ha!

SO we don't have a name for her yet but I figured out a way to take a picture of us with that PhotoBooth feature on my Mac. One sec!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Here she is preening my hair! (Sorry about the crappy PhotoBooth photo. Haha!)

Oh how adorable! :loveshower: Now we're all going to be in love with her, too! (She looks a bit like Groucho with her "moustache". Lol)

Oh and btw... You're a knockout! Bonus points for fantastic bone structure. :tup:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh my gosh, yes, you are gorgeous and so is your new girl... I can't wait to hear what name you pick for her... I'm still laughing at Karen's Stockholm syndrome reference @faislaq - SO funny! Yes, I am trapped today too, it's flytime, and I don't like to go in or out the door because you never know where the little dears will be when you come back in. Feeling like the 'death warmed over syndrome' here, cuz I think I've come down with a spring cold - ugh! Anyhow - Are you going to have a naming poll @orphansparrow ? :heart:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Amazing...yeah! :heart::heart::heart:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I've wanted for so long to name a little girly bird "Jeannie" after I Dream of Jeannie. It's just such a cute name, and well, I can only dream since I can't pet her or be wooed by her. ;)