• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new Chinchilla girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Oh My Gosh, They are so cute!!! I wish I could own a chin but I'm always afraid of their maintenance. That is why I never got one. I heard they are really high maintenance. Do they take more care than a birdie? I know they are expensive too. lol Maybe one day I could own one in the distant future.

They are so cute! :heart:
My chins are sooo much easier than my birds, lol They don't smell or make noise. They only eat pellets and hay, no fresh foods at all. need lots of wood to chew, no plastic stuff. They only need 30 min-an hour out a night or every other night to run around and take a dust bath a couple times a week. But you need to make sure is that the temp in your house is under 75 because they can over heat and dies. But I keep my house below 65 all year round so no issues.
they are so cute and fun to watch and there is nothing better than chinny kisses or when they climb on you during playtime! I just love them!

Sooo easy to care for and much cheaper than the birds, lol

Enchanted Critters

Walking the driveway
My small herd of chins costs me about 10-15 bucks a month to feed, then another 10 in shavings. Of course it helps that I buy everything in BIG bags. I think they are a lot easier to take care of than birds. I have some chins that were former ranch chins, and they really want nothing to do with people. As long as they have food, water and wood to chew/destroy they are happy.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.